PENTIUM 4 and RDRAM

Thread: PENTIUM 4 and RDRAM

Post PENTIUM 4 and RDRAM

I have decided to stay with Intel, not much difference now between 1.4 ghz p4 and athalon, only difference now is memory prices, is RDRAM price likely to fall? I have
    heard they need to be fitted as pairs, any truth in that? also can anyone point me at a good supplier of RDRAM, preferably UK based.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

I have never seen where it is necessary to pair them up. But I have read in quite a few articles that there is not an appreciable performance gain over sdram. The transfer rates are quite a bit faster but right now there is nothing that will actually use it's benefits. As to P4 being equivalent to Athlons you haven't done your homework.
    Must not strangle users. Repeat. Must not strangle users.

i dont know if RDRAM and RIMMs are the same or not, but i was under the impretion that the P4 ran off RIMMs, which have to be used in pairs, like SIMMs.

if u dont mind ordering off the internet, then ive heard that http://www.aria.co.uk and http://www.dabs.com are both quite good, and both UK based.
    Question of the Day: If it Micro$oft didn't exist, how much easier would our lives be?

RDRAM needs to be installed as pairs
    As for brand name, Samsung is shipped with the P4 in the box.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.