[RESOLVED] Reinstall Win ME w/RAID configuration

Thread: [RESOLVED] Reinstall Win ME w/RAID configuration

JFerragamo

Question Reinstall Win ME w/RAID configuration

I am running Windows Me with an Athlon 1Ghz processor on the Abit KT7 RAID motherboard and have 2 IBM Deskstar 30GB HD in a RAID 0 configuration with the following partitions:

C: = 7GB
    D: = 21GB
    E: = 22GB
    (remaining disk space was used to format the hard drives)

I have been experiencing some problems w/ ME and will most likely need to reinstall the OS b/c Microsoft has been unable to assist me in correcting the problems.

My question is, will I have to go through the entire process of configuring the RAID settings and partition configuration if I choose to reinstall ME? Or will these settings be saved on the HD and the OS simply reinstalled with the configuration settings saved?

Any input you guys might have regarding this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Joker1

Since the raid is setup through hardware your raid 0 configuration would remain the same, also the partitioning occours at a more basic level then the reinstall so you can keep drives C:,D: and E: the way they are, in fact you can format just drive C: and do a reinstall to it while leaving you data on drive D:, and E: intact.

------------------
    There are no stupid questions! Just stupid (l)users!

JFerragamo

Question

I greatly appreciate your response to my question. Your answer is alot better than others I've been told.

If it would not be too much of a hastle could you describe how i would go about reinstalling the OS on "only" drive C: without losing my information on D & E?

Although I did build this system myself I am still pretty much a beginner at computer systems and could use a little more guidence in this area.

I will still back up all my information on D & E b/c that is where I have all my programs and MP3's saved and I would die if I lost all of them.

Thanks for your help.