driver problem

Thread: driver problem

Question driver problem

I just bought a brand new 30g quantum fireball hard drive for my AMD processor pc. I installed it as a master drive, while putting my old hard drive as a slave. Here's the problem guys, hope you can help me out:

(I have win98 installed on my old drive)

I just installed windows ME on the new hard drive set as master. After a lenghty install, I was able to run win me. The problem is, it doesnt read my Diamond ethernet card, creative sound blaster sound card, and my voodoo 3 graphics card. What do i do? I tried copying the drivers for the voodoo3 from my win98 towards the windows folder under the win me, but it didnt work.

what do i do to make win me see the hardware??? help me guys. thanks

You should download and install the appropriate WinMe drivers for these devices from the manufacturers.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

jeffsr

You may have toconsult the Win ME HCL list at Microsoft web site. Usually lack of enumeration of devices in win ME means the device is not supported by the OS..

I have run those cards (especially voodoo3 and creative - I have them in mine right this minute with milleniumin)in quite a few pcs under ME, sometimes even with the 98 drivers on the CDs,they will work... did you try just running the setups? However I would most definitely download the newest drivers from the web to prevent future problems.
    I would recommend a slot fan in front of the voodoo they get very hot. I love those slot fans put them in all the pcs I build now...
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"

did you jsut copy the driver files or did you actually install the drivers? there is a big difference