[RESOLVED] WinME time

Thread: [RESOLVED] WinME time

larryc

Post WinME time

Does anyone know of any issues reguarding time in Windows ME using novell clients? I have set the time in Windows and made sure that it is correct in the BIOS but everytime I reboot the time has changed, lost 1 hour.
    I have uninstalled the client and the system boots with the proper time. I have tried clients 3.2 and 3.3.
    Any help is appreciated.

This is definitely a Novell issue, if it goes away when you get rid of Client32.

Here are some things to check:
    Is the server time correct?
    Is the correct time zone selected on the workstation?
    Is daylight saving time enabled/disabled on the server?
    Is daylight saving time enabled/disabled on the workstation?

By default, the client clock is automatically synced to the server clock each time the workstation logs in. If all else fails, you can disable this in the Client32 properties. Control Panel, Network, double click on Novell Client, advanced settings, look for Set Station Time and set to off.

Also refer to this, I don't know if it will help: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10059308.htm

Best way to fix Novell issues is to remove it and go back to WinNT/2000.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Thumbs up

Most likely the time or time zone are set incorrectly on your Novell server.

You might want to try setting your PC's time to the Atomic Clock. I use WebTimeSync myself, search for Atomic Clock at download.com. It sets your system's time whenever you connect to the Internet.

Cold Neck

larryc

Thanks for the info guys. I've already made sure that the server time and time zone are correct. There are a few hundred workstations on the network that are keeping the correct time. Any other ideas?