[RESOLVED] Frustrating Windows ME

Thread: [RESOLVED] Frustrating Windows ME

Lee_Nover

Resolved [RESOLVED] Frustrating Windows ME

I used REG Cleaner as I was getting alot of "Explorer causeed an invalid error in .dll" and now the problem is fixed. My new problem is that my "Help" option is now saying that it could not find the page, and that I should recheck my internet settings. I get the same message with System Information as well. Does anybody know how I can get this back?

------------------
    Responsibility is a heavy responsibility

Did you do a upgrade? or full install?

-wayne

------------------
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]

Lee_Nover

I did a clean install. It was working fine until I used Reg Cleaner. I do not knbow if you are familiar with the program or not, but it goes in and deletes all keys with invalid entries or keys that do not have files associated with them anymore.

------------------
    Responsibility is a heavy responsibility

mahdi

What version of RegCleaner did you use, the Win98 or WinMe? They maybe based the same but there are differances that could cause some problems, I found a better freeware program that does the same thing but more effeciant. I'll try to find a link to it and post it here, but for your current problem you may have to either try reinstall or better yet...run the System Restore from before you ran the RegClean.

I have NEVER been a fan REG CLEANER Programs! for that reason.

Did you back up your registry prier to using the reg cleaner program? If not you may have to re-install!

Sorry not much help

-wayne

------------------