[RESOLVED] WIndowsMe and Windows Explorer with My documents????

Thread: [RESOLVED] WIndowsMe and Windows Explorer with My documents????

paul62bf

Thumbs down WIndowsMe and Windows Explorer with My documents????

Whats with Windows Explorer and My Documents? every time I change my view sizes of Windows Explorer, My documents are the same size.... oh and when I run Windows Explorer it all ways starts on My documents with every thing scolled up, meaning theres nothing exspanding like in Windows98se.... here is an exsample, say I wantted the My Documents (on the desktop) to have large Icons and a view area off 200x200 right? but I wantted Windows Explorer to be full screen with full details etc.... if I change one or the other they both go the same way. Like I change My documents to 200x200 with large Icons I close it of by useing the X. Then I load windows Explorer, Windows Explorer has gone to 200x200 with Large Icons when I wantted it to be FUll screen..... I think Microsoft Really Messed up WIndowsMe Win2k etc....

paul62bf

NEEDS HELP>>>>>>> ANY ONE????????????????????

rhymerguy

Lightbulb

To get your good ole windows explorer panes back where you want em, try tacking on a few switches.

Modify the windows explorer shortcut on your start menu (right click on it and select properties) and change the "target:" field to read C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n,/e,C:\

That will display 2 panes, with focus on your c: drive instead of my documents.

For your window sizing problem, try checking your folder view options by clciking on Tools: Folder Options, View tab in Windows Explorer. Make sure you have "Remember each folder's view settings" checked.

Cheers!

paul62bf

Lightbulb

That works thanks rhymerguy, but there are a few other problems still. I have checked the remember view settings and it dosen't work. Another thing is when you click in to My documents and say you have Large Icons but you go in to Windows Explorer and its all in Details and close it down. Then reopen my documents my documents has reverted to All deatials and not Large Icons. ):

paul62bf

Lightbulb

That works thanks rhymerguy, but there are a few other problems still. I have checked the remember view settings and it dosen't work. Another thing is when you click in to My documents and say you have Large Icons but you go in to Windows Explorer and its all in Details and close it down. Then reopen my documents my documents has reverted to All deatials and not Large Icons. ):

QSECOFR

Paul,

Please do not post multiple times. It will not get you help faster. Thanks.

paul62bf

I didn't mean to post two topics I hit the submit button to many times