[RESOLVED] Empty control Panel?!?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Empty control Panel?!?

nrtimpan

Angry Empty control Panel?!?

After adding a new mobo/cpu, I stripped all drivers out in safe mode, rebooted, and let windows redetect everything. All seemed good until I opened the control panel....It was blank, but still said "45 objects" at bottom. I hit ctrl-a to select all and then hit enter....lo and behold the applets all opened.....I don't get it....this is also happening in a few other places: Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer (nothing on right hand window)....I also can't right click in any of these blank windows....quite frustrated!!! any ideas?

Sometimes you can hit F5 and it will refresh the window.
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

Graphics driver or incorrect graphics settings? Sounds liek they are there and just cannot be displayed. Never seen it before.
    I'm just a little mushroom. always kept in the dark...

Talking

someone configure your registry. you can hide all items in the control panel by using the registry.
    WARNING
    :: I am NOT held responsible for any damages on your coumputer. ::

I have seen it to where you can disable the control panel but I have not seen the ability to hide all items in the control panel, I know you can do it for my computer however.

it is remotely possible that the web view got screwed up, so you could try clicking on the view menu and un-check "as web page".
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

nrtimpan

Dunno what it was, but I was able to locate a full registry backup that wasn't too old....I imported it and it was fixed.....odd....thanks everyone!