[RESOLVED] explorer has caused an error in KERNELL32.DLL expolrer will now close

Thread: [RESOLVED] explorer has caused an error in KERNELL32.DLL expolrer will now close

punch

Resolved [RESOLVED] explorer has caused an error in KERNELL32.DLL expolrer will now close

can anyone tell me how to fix this error message that keeps buggin me on windows ME
    PLEASE THANK YOU

If this is the error message I think it is...the message box appears, if you click OK on it, it just comes back or the PC shuts down. Had this come up for the fourth time last month.

Only thing I can tell you after researching this is that MS doesn't have any information about this issue that was helpful to me and that I had to go into "safe mode" to be able to access important files that hadn't been backed up yet for the day. After I successfully backed the files up, and after a lot of looking for solutions, the only thing I can suggest is re-install [Clean].

That error came up while attempting to cancel and restart a new application load.

BTW, one hopeful note....of the three PC's that this has happened to over the last few months...one was successfully solved by using the restore function from safe mode.
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

Unhappy

I find the only way to get the system stable after persistent Kernel32 or Iexplore errors is to run scanreg /restore and pick a date before the errors started, not much help, this only gives you 4-5 days. Also look out for it in the future to see if you can tie the prob up with any new software you have installed.

NT-KERNELL

I had the same problem with Windows ME and Internet Explorer and kernell32.dll .
    I solved them all . HOW???? Well that KERNELL
    problem just happens because the Internet Explorer version that came with Windows ME
    (version 5.5), has a BUG and it's older than
    the Internet Explorer version that is on the
    Microsoft web-site . The Internet Explorer version that is on the Microsoft web-site is
    5.5 SERVICE PACK 1 . Just download that version and install it over your IE version that came with Windows ME and all your KERNELL problems should disappear .
    If that still doesn't solver your problem, just post a question and I'll try to get an answer for you . good luck

Smile

I went through the exact same thing on my system and my girlfriends system. Except it also kept disabling her active desktop.

It set up a loop with he error message pop up and when you close it, it disables active desktop.

No registry or hard ware probs. Anyone have a better solution then format C: ?

while you think about it let me format that drive......

same problem here 3pcs already, 1 98 with IE5.5 and 2 ME ... tried reinstall and also restore but error reappeared, finally formatted them and reinstalled all. I just assumed the problem was IE 5.5 because of all the pcs I am fixing for IE 5.5 problems when people are installing AOL6. My own pc started doing it the other day right after I did the ms 5.5 SP1 patch so I don't know if that is going to fix the problem, I was planning a reformat anyway so thats what I did...would like to know as soon as a fix is published
    Have you also notice with IE 5.5 (on ME or 98) that IE or outlook express will fail and no amount of reinstalling will fix the error (and a lot of times it won't even let you reinstall. says Not all files can be copied, restart... but never works) not even reinstalling the OS works..getting a lot of that too
    I think IE 5.5 is what is ruining things for winME, causing problems so people stay away from ME
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"

punch

Talking

The bug has gone for now, I was using cableinternet version 4, I upgraded to blueyonder their was a conflict with explorer
    the upgrade has a later version of explorer. Not one kernell32.dll error since,
    happy ME