I love Inoculate IT PE 5.29. Unfortunately a handful of Toshiba Satellite laptops, 2510,2520,4010, that I administer do not. On boot-up while connected to the network cable the laptop will freeze just after the Windows splash screen appears. By punching CTRL,Alt,Del I can see that mprexe and msgsrv32 files are not responding. Note that I have updated the Win 98 files from MS and am using the newest Novell client 3.30 furthermore I have flashed the Toshiba BIOS and updated all the Toshiba power management utilities with the newest versions from the Toshiba site. I have also updated the drivers for the PCMCIA 3Com Etherlink III 3c589c. Interestingly on a new build of the laptop the virus checker and the Novell client get along with Toshiba power management utilities. However if I have to update the Novell client or Inoculate IT after the machine has been in the field I get the lock-up. I have tried Uninstalling the Novell client and Inoculate software cleaning out the registry with MS regclean and reinstalling the offending software all to no avail. Note that on some machines by disabling the USB and infrared ports the laptop will work normally though this has been working less frequently. Rebuilding a laptop for every faculty member twice a year is impractical. Any help would be great. Thanx.