2 offices, 2 routers, zero solutions. WAN without VPN?

Thread: 2 offices, 2 routers, zero solutions. WAN without VPN?

Arrow 2 offices, 2 routers, zero solutions. WAN without VPN?

Is it possible to network two offices without a VPN. We have a peer to peer network that works fine for us (cheap) and we need to network a remote office to it. Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree? Any help would be great!

Oh yea,... almost forgot. Does anyone have the "Config Maker" from Cisco. I have searched there site up and down and I can not find it.

Thanks again oh fellow tech gods. Hear my prayers!
    Steven Henry

sticky52

This seems a little too obvious to me, but have you thought about a direct T1? If cost is a significant factor, Frame Relay will do the job almost as well.

Two sites go for a Point-to-point line, more than two get a frame relay.

Go here to register for config maker. I don't recommend using that though, much better from the command line.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

Talking

Ok, I found the Config Maker.

A little more info to help my cause.

I am using a point to point T1, but I am only using 2 channels. An Adtran is being used to split the channels (voice going to PBX, data coming to Cisco Router).

Now, what would be the best configuration to get this running?

Thanks a lot.
    Steven Henry

What about a WINS server? Little more info...Can you ping the remote offices' IP address? Can you connect to their computer through Run...<computer name>? Are you using internal or external IP addresses? If internal, which computer is the gateway? (or is the Cisco Router the gate way?) How is the remote office receiving their connection? Who is your ISP? What OS are you running? Gimme some answers MAN! ;-)
    Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're
    maintained by people actively applying them, visibly, in public. - Eric Raymond

If you have a T1 connected between the offices and a splitter at both end then you should easily be able to connect via cisco routers at both sides...

Even if it's right that you'll have to have knowledge and better go to the terminal... just use the ConfigMaker... it's pretty simple for a small network with cisco-only routers (just don't beleive in all config lines!!! possibly you'll have other IOS)

What about RRAS?
    To each his/her own.