[RESOLVED] problem with dial up connection in win ME

Thread: [RESOLVED] problem with dial up connection in win ME

carlostipo

Post problem with dial up connection in win ME

Some days ago, people from an ISP, came to install an ASDL connection (not using PPPoE) on a notebook (with winME). The problem I had since that day is that, cannot get the dial up connection I used to have before the ADSL. Even after uninstalling the drivers they brought and taking all the network adapters and protocols out from the network (control panel) panel (to reinstall them), the dial up connection seems to be unable to make a default routing to the host I connect when get online. That means: I get connected, and stay that way; but there's just no default route. Maybe someone can open my eyes...

gmiller220

What do you mean by default rout? Is the dsl modem connected to your NIC or a router? Also check your TCP/IP for dialup and make sure that it is configured to your dialup ISP's spec's.

------------------
    Boy, I'm tired of being right.

carlostipo

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by gmiller220:

>>What do you mean by default rout?

I mean the address where all IP datagrams (without an specfied route) are sent to (The one that corresponds to 0.0.0.0 when you type "route print" at a DOS prompt, for example). Let's say I meant gateway

>> Is the dsl modem connected to your NIC or a router?

No, currently i'm just trying to make the dial-up connection work.

>> Also check your TCP/IP for dialup and make sure that it is configured to your dialup ISP's spec's.

Also checked and right.

[/B]</font>

[This message has been edited by carlostipo (edited September 26, 2001).]

gmiller220

Do you use a static IP or a dynamic IP whith your dial up? If static make sure that you have your gateway setup right. If dynamic make sure that you have it setup so that it automaticly get's the info from your ISP. Clear out any address that you might have in the gateway

------------------
    Boy, I'm tired of being right.

carlostipo

Already checked. I'm gonna try doing what was posted by 'rprestenback' on the topic "Network Socket not working????". If that works, I'll post a reply here.

ummm...if he's got a dialup connection hes not going to have a static ip address
    might want to check and make sure you may or maynot need to enter the appropriate dns information under tcp/ip settings but you might want to check with your ISP
    #3 1951-2001

carlostipo

we'll I tried what i'd already said I would and apparently worked. But also, removed all the values under the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\VxD\DHCP

cuz it seemed like the damn program I had installed (that used DHCP to get the info to bring up the ADSL connection), didn't took it off on uninstalling
    It wasn't a DNS problem...]
    If I'm talkin'bull****, let me know.