[RESOLVED] 95 and 2000pro?

Thread: [RESOLVED] 95 and 2000pro?

Mich@el

Post 95 and 2000pro?

Ok at school we are on a large network all connected. Most of the computers use 2000pro but im working on a 95 version computer but i cant seem to access the normal network drives that 2000 allows me to. Is this because these computers have not been given access to them or just an inability to share between them?

Andi

By the sound of it its probably that the Win95 machine has not been given access rights by the administrator under the security settings.

------------------
    Life is always stranger than fiction ..... and then some

is the client your using a part of the network, or your own personla computer(lap top) that your trying to connect??

win2k hqas many different networking features, one of wich will not allow connectivity with older systems, if the entire network is win2k. If the entire network is win2k the admins have problay set the network as a pure net, meaning no access (hybred) access for you. it cant be cahnged ether. try upgrading your system to win2k.

------------------
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.

gmiller220

I use Win2000 pro and I ran into that same problem (only with win98 but still that same prob) What you have to do is create an account on the win2000 system and then make the win9x system logon to the network using that same username and password. Then your win9x system will be able to access printers and other shared resources. Good luck.

------------------
    Boy, I'm tired of being right.