on line gamming

Thread: on line gamming

Post on line gamming

hi ! ive got a small problem ! when i play online { unreal}after 20 minets or so i get so lagy the only cure is to reboot , i play at gamespy im on cable have att {yes its running!} ill start with system resorses of 93% and when the lag hits ill drop to 60% or so , ive tryed diffrent chache settings no avale oh im using a d link card at this time any help would be great! thanks
    Its not the end of the world but you can see it from here. sys, 1.3 tbird 266 on asus av7 133, 1536 megs pc 133,elsa gladiac gts 32 ddr vidio card, sound blaster 5.1 platinum,{3} 40 gig western dig ata 100, 7200 drives {2}maxtors 1 60 and 1 80 gig ata 10 7200 drivescreative 5x dvd {it works!}56x light on {no shatterd disks yet}and a 24xs plextor enermax power at400 watt and cable modom ! running xp pro

I think a good pointer would be the fact you are running so much RAM on WinME. The OS just gets very unstable with that much RAM. I know there is a continuous on going debate over how much RAM a 9x OS will support but 1.5GB is a bit much. I would start by cutting it down to 512MB and see if that makes any improvement. My other recomendation is that if you are going to be running this much RAM, switch to an OS such as 2K Pro or XP Pro/Home that will support it.
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?

thanks table salt! but the resalts are the same starting with 128 megs on up as i wrote this yesterday i had droped back to 512, again just to check no go same resalts, the system itself is very stable no other problems at all, and "me" sees all the ram, ive followed the debates, and enjoyed them very much! it is true that there isnt much diffrence in performance at 1 gig as apossed to 1.5 but there is some! i cant beleave its stable eather just lucky i gess! but thanks for the reply love these forums and windrivers have followed and used for years !
    Its not the end of the world but you can see it from here. sys, 1.3 tbird 266 on asus av7 133, 1536 megs pc 133,elsa gladiac gts 32 ddr vidio card, sound blaster 5.1 platinum,{3} 40 gig western dig ata 100, 7200 drives {2}maxtors 1 60 and 1 80 gig ata 10 7200 drivescreative 5x dvd {it works!}56x light on {no shatterd disks yet}and a 24xs plextor enermax power at400 watt and cable modom ! running xp pro