NANs, your thoughts, recommendations, problems

Thread: NANs, your thoughts, recommendations, problems

Post NANs, your thoughts, recommendations, problems

I am going to upgrade my network to wireless and thought it would be cool to set up a NAN for my neighbors. Has anyone successfully set one up and if so, what are the problems you have encountered? what are your recommendations?
    Those who say dont know, and those who know dont say

I currently have a wireless network at home. The only problem I have had with it is the signal strength. Dependent on the equipment and the environment you may have problems keeping it reliable. The signal strength is dependent on a lot of things that could be interfering with the signal, such as walls and other things along those lines.

The cost is a lot of money. The cards are mainly in the PCMCIA variety and cost at least 100 dollars. Depending on the distance and the signal you may have to place more than one wireless access point which will add up quickly.

The setup is not to hard. It only has a couple more steps than installing a regular ethernet card in windows. Just install the configuration utility and it should set it up for you.

If everyone is in close vicinity like an apartment it should work fine, houses would possibly pose a problem. The complexity increases as the distance and the amount of users increases. Also if you are the only one who can do the setup of the equipment expect your neighbors to come to you with any problems.

Its worth a shot if you have a good group of people and people who have experience with technology that are willing to put in the money required. If not avoid doing this.

Best regards
    You mean something broke and you didn't break it? ~ ZIM
    I know I'm scared too. ~ GIR