[RESOLVED] Networking with wireless problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Networking with wireless problems

beco_tech

Cool Networking with wireless problems

I have 2 pcs and one laptop using linksys befsr41 router and a wap11 wireless access point.
    Everything was talking fine back and forth tried to start the internet explorer 6.0 on the laptop and all i got was sever error page can not be loaded. went back to desktop and lost networking connection. using win98, and win me
    It all work for a day.

Thanks for your help

Heres some things to do to troubleshoot the connection.

1) Connect the cable/dsl .modem to a computer directly with a network card you know that works. If you get on the internet you know it isn't the modem.
    2) Check the connection from the modem to the router. Are the lights on the WAN connection lit up? Can a computer that is hooked up directly to the router access the internet? (Assuming there is a switch built in to the router) If a computer via the switch can access the internet than it isn't the router
    3) Check the signal strength of the wireless cards. Is it in the green? Can you ping the router, the address is generally 192.168.1.1? Can you transfer files between the two computers? If you can't then look into the network cards or their placement as the problem.

That should put you on the right path. Feel free to ask if you need any more help.
    You mean something broke and you didn't break it? ~ ZIM
    I know I'm scared too. ~ GIR