[RESOLVED] Another cabling issue

Thread: [RESOLVED] Another cabling issue

Menehune05

Post Another cabling issue

I have a customer operating from a trailer. They have a small network (10Base-T) but are having problems with the cabling. There is a radio or TV antenna about 50 feet away and it also affects their phones. I have tried routing the cables in many locations but it only seems to work right down the middle of the floor. I was hoping I wouldn't have to run them in some pipes under the trailer but it seems like my only alternative. Any other suggestions???

Thanks

3fingersalute

They make a specially shielded RG59 cable, (usually used for outdoor runs) have you tried that?

------------------
    Make something idiot proof, and they will invent a better idiot!

rwbad

Question

You said you were running 10BaseT, I assume this is standard Cat V UTP?
    If interference is a problem you can use Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) Will require different RJ45 connectors though, but will save changing to co-ax.

x_789

WEll going to any cable tv style setup is just unthinkable. As far as interference from A tv antena the TIA/EIA standard says you only have to be 4 inchs away from antenna load and grounding wires. You coudl do liek the for mentioned person said about using screented twisted pair. Which is what most people call shileded twisted pair but you need special rj-45 conectors which are a pain in the rear. Are you atleast running cat5 cable or are you using cat3? X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

I have used stp using standard rj45 connectors and not putting the shield in the connector, but attaching it to a ground on the case - this seemed to work Okay even though it is not in line with ISO specs.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Menehune05

Thumbs up

Just got it working today. Thanks for the replies. I currently have re-routed the cabling and have most of it running in steel pipes for now. All of the systems are working right now. Btw, I'm using Cat 5 UTP cabling and they are running 10Base-T. I may try 100Base-T later to see if it will work.

Once again, thanks for the replies!!!