[RESOLVED] Line sharing

Thread: [RESOLVED] Line sharing

lionheart

Post Line sharing

I have two internet cafes in two different locations. The first one has a 512k lease line with a cisco router and 35 computers. The second one is still under construction and will have 20 computers.Im wondering if it is possible for the second cafe to share the internet line with the first one , and if possible , how? Please help. Thanks

It would be possible to get a point-to-point line (whatever speed you want) and connect the two sites with routers and DSU/CSU's to connect the networks. You could then share the internet access between the sites. However, depending on how much bandwidth costs there you may be better off just getting a seperate line for the new cafe. Good luck.
    Ian.

------------------
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way. ---Pink Floyd
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way. ---Pink Floyd

arcade

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by underfunded:
    It would be possible to get a point-to-point line (whatever speed you want) and connect the two sites with routers and DSU/CSU's to connect the networks. You could then share the internet access between the sites. However, depending on how much bandwidth costs there you may be better off just getting a seperate line for the new cafe. Good luck.
    Ian.

</font>
    i would concur with this solution. the cost involved in getting router(s) etc would not be worth it.

Depends on what the price of a line to the internet is compared to a point to point. A point to point t1 can be as low as 300 bucks and a line to the internet can be upwards of 2-3k. The difference alone pays for the 2nd router and csu/dsu since you would need to get one set anyway if you were going to go to the internet. I have also seen point to point dsl run which would be pretty cheap too. To make a definite answer would require some hard numbers, we can only speculate since bandwidth pricing is not clear cut across the world.

------------------
    Soylent Green is People!!!! Its made of People!!!!!
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Dagotex

Point to Point would only be applicable if the two cafes are a reasonable distance apart correct? Wireless is also an option that is only limited by distance.

------------------
    KID FOHS

x_789

Well I think the most viable options are listed now its up to you to get some prices and see whats avliable in your are. X
    OK i knwo that was fluff but I wanted my 300

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"