[RESOLVED] Share goes away when computer restarts

Thread: [RESOLVED] Share goes away when computer restarts

Hybrid View

ksm2552

Question Share goes away when computer restarts

Ok, heres the problem. I have 2 systems, they both have shared drives. Now I've justed added a removable disk drive to the 1st machine. When I share the drive letter associated with it, i have problems. The 2nd computer can "see" the share, but its not accessible. And when you restart the first computer the drive is no longer shared. Any ideas why this is happening???

x_789

ok your drives arnt staing shared on their resective pc or you are losing the maps to the drives? If you are losing the maps make sure you have recconect at logon checked. X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

KWB Teck

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ksm2552:
    Ok, heres the problem. I have 2 systems, they both have shared drives. Now I've justed added a removable disk drive to the 1st machine. When I share the drive letter associated with it, i have problems. The 2nd computer can "see" the share, but its not accessible. And when you restart the first computer the drive is no longer shared. Any ideas why this is happening???</font>
    What OS are you using?
    Also you stated that it's a removable drive. Under some OS's you must have media in the drive when it's polled for the share or the drive reports not ready and the share fails.

ksm2552

Ok, both systems are running Win98 2nd. And it loses the sharing on the computer with the drive. Just changes it back to a regular drive

------------------
    Sounds like you need a good FDISK

Lightbulb

Cehcklist:
    Rights/Policy
    WorkGroup/Client For MS-Networks
    File And Printer Sharing for MS NETWORKS
    PROTOCOL
    UNC

This will Guide you..

------------------
    It Works Better if you Plug it in, It Works far better if you Turn it ON!
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence