[RESOLVED] NAT

Thread: [RESOLVED] NAT

freds

Resolved [RESOLVED] NAT

I am used to networking where each device is able to have its own IP address. Now I find myself in a setup where I have only one public IP address avalable. I can use NAT and DHCP for my internal units, but the problem is what should I do about my Exchange server. The mail was pushed to us by our ISP and then given out to the network for Outlook to pick up. The Exchange server had its own IP that the ISP would send to. Can and how should this be done using NAT and only having one IP? Now the network uses the single IP as the address on the Router and all the other units use that address as the Gateway. Any thoughts?

Thanks

iamtheman

Cool

Yes, don't know what router you are using so I can't get to specific but here goes. There is something called PAT, basically what you do is redirect traffic coming in on a certain port to a specific IP address. For example say your Public IP address is 192.168.10.1 you can redirect port 25 (SMTP) to your internal Exchange servers address.

------------------
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

x_789

Ok what you need to do is set a a virtual server behind your router or firwall and filter all trafic on that port to that static internal ip fo the exchange server in your office. If you can tell us what kind of router or fw sft you are running maybe we can look at it and show you exactly how. Here is a link to just a little SMC to show the idea of what i am saying click link http://www.smc.com/smc/drivers/manua...8BR_Manual.pdf look at page 20 for an idea. X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"