[RESOLVED] Settining up Printers in a Network enviorment

Thread: [RESOLVED] Settining up Printers in a Network enviorment

KaotiXX

Angry Settining up Printers in a Network enviorment

Here's a good one..I have a Cross platform Network enviorment (MACS & PC) and I'm trying to get an HP Laserjet IIIsi to work on the network using the HP Jet Direct Card.
    Now heres the funny part..I have the Printer working on the MAC side just fine...being that it's a MAC Printer...but it won't work on the NT side..I had it working before just fine until the Printer's jet direct card had to be replaced..no biggie..still works but no longer prints on the NT side... HP's Web site was reallly helpful... I've run out of options..last thing I can think of is setting up in TCP/IP ...any suggestions on what can be happening?

What protocol are you using? DLC? If so, did you go specify the new card address?

------------------
    Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Exclamation

Hi,

Just for grins, HP's website for drivers for your model are located here:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindex...iisi_swen.html

Also, if you changed the model number of the JetDirect card, you might also need the latest drivers for it. Go here and enter "JetDirect XXXX" where XXXX is the model number:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/software.html

Also, just for your info, I have the HP Service Manual for this monster. If you run into any other problems, give us a shout.

Good Luck!
    DonJ

------------------
    Hey, it's all FM to me!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

robbydobby

which hp jet direct are u using some of them are only made to work on a windows network and then there are others that are made to work on an nt network with any os check <a href=http://www.hp.com/cposupport/nonjsnav/netprn.html>here</a> to see if ur jet direct is mae for an nt network

------------------
    How do I set my laser printer to "stun"?
    I can't back up my hard drive, there's no reverse button.

Setup TCP/IP then install TCP/IP printing services in NT. To setup the printer - select new printer, network, type the IP address of the Printer:RAW ie (10.10.10.10:RAW) this will tell the driver to use that IP address and the port is RAW data.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

KaotiXX

Talking

FINALLLYY!!!!!

I got the printer to work across all the platforms..the reason why it didn't work originally was because I didn't have the config in Printer itself setup...I set the printer for it to Auto Detect the network...this way it was seen across the MAC section of the network..then went to the TCP/IP settings and manually set it..then placed it to autodetect the TCP/IP settings...after all the attacks..went to my server and set the puppy up with the original driver...
    Wheee...I gotta go home now.. I be tired..ThanXX for all the help guys!! greatly appreciated!!