[RESOLVED] WIN95 TCP/IP settings, reboot required ?

Thread: [RESOLVED] WIN95 TCP/IP settings, reboot required ?

kinikumon

Resolved [RESOLVED] WIN95 TCP/IP settings, reboot required ?

Is it mandatory to reboot after changing the DNS and default gateway settings in the WIN95 TCP/IP network properties? Microsoft seems to indicate that it is required for the new seettings to take effect, but in practice it does not seem to be neccesary. What is your experience with this?

x_789

Well I havent taken the time to test this myself. One thing I do know is that you can go into the registry and edit the keys under
    HKLM\system\curentcontrolset\services\class\netran s\000* the x is a number and each file holds spefic data that represents what is in your network stack. Bye editing antything in this group it takes afect realtime without need for a reboot it is cumbersome though. X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

J-BOOGIE

He is correct and I have successfully done it this way. That does not mean that I recommend it. I believe that different systems make take this differently by configuration.

I do know from experience that if no new files are in fact copied to the machine that you can change IP config options, then run winipcfg and release/renew and not have to reboot to change IP settings.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010