[RESOLVED] Invisible network card

Thread: [RESOLVED] Invisible network card

amitchel53

Post Invisible network card

I'm setting up a peer to peer network using a hub. I installed all my nic's ok accept for one Compaq Pasario that everytime I set the nic up it reads in the device manager as working properly, but it does not show up in the network config. screen. I've tried ADD... but the driver will not show up in the network config. list. Anyone ever had this problem and came up with a solution?

[This message has been edited by amitchel53 (edited March 21, 2001).]

jay015

Is it an integrated onboard NIC? Have you checked on the Compaq site for updated drivers or information in the Advisories section for your particular model?

LagMonster

I had this happen with a modem.

The fix that worked for me was to goto start->control panel-> Add/remove programs

Click on windows setup and remove the networking stuff. restart the computer re-install the networking stuff. It worked for me and can work for you to.

x_789

If its onboard on the compaq its probably a 3com or intell go into the coms. Compaq has two options in there disable device and hide device make sure they are both disabled. X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

amitchel53 , what kind of nic is it, check the read me for loading drivers some cards require a special way to load drivers, like
    LagMonster said

------------------
    These are the facts and they are undisputed
    Where's that smoke coming from ?