MS Proxy 2.0 -SP1

Thread: MS Proxy 2.0 -SP1

Unhappy MS Proxy 2.0 -SP1

Runnung Back Office Server 4.0 and after installing MS Proxy Sp1 none of the clients can access the internet-tried to uninstall Proxy SP1 but problem still remains. Tried uninstalling Proxy 2.0 and reinstalling but am unable to uninstall - says must be in maintenance mode or something similar. All help greatly appreciated in advance.

I was VERY dissatified with MS Proxy, as a mater of fact all the input I got was "Use someting else." Go to download.com and download a different Proxy server - there are a ton of freeware/shareware proxy servers that are easy to configure/maintain.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

chip35

Remove MS Proxy server and re-install is the easiest way. Then re-install SP1. Set up the LAT for your internal network only. I find MS Proxy to be a real pain in the 'neck'. You must reboot after the change for it to take effect. Otherwise the Proxy won't start properly. The only way to tell if it started properly is through the systems management console. Winsock proxy starts, but many times Web and Socks don't (doesn't show up in the services panel). This is usually due to a "version conflict" that NT cannot resolve. Removal, reinstall, reboot usually fix it.I have MS Proxy running with SP1 and it works ok. You may have to re-install the MSP client software if everything else is going (if you are using it, I don't).

------------------
    What's the differance between 'twisted' and 'torqued' anyways?

jrd

Cool

Check out Microsofts new ISA server too. Very slick!!!
    Microsoft ISA Server