[RESOLVED] ICS problems with multiple ports!

Thread: [RESOLVED] ICS problems with multiple ports!

strupie

Angry ICS problems with multiple ports!

I am setup with ICS (Internet connection sharing)for Win98se. What the problem is that
    ICS closes all ports above 1024.
    Most of my programs uses the ports higher then this number(ie: my ftp server). For some of them I have edited the reg to make them work. But I also have a program that
    uses like 7 different ports all higher then 1024. Does anyone know how I can go into the reg and make it so the ICS doesn't
    close these ports or make an entry that I can make a range instead of entering every port (ie: 5700 - 6000)?

Thanks in Advance.

ftp doesn't use a port over 1024 are you nuts. all of the ports over 1024 are unregulated and tend to be a security risk. if i remember right ftp is port 23.
    A+ Net+ MCP CCNA

my bad port 21
    A+ Net+ MCP CCNA

strupie

Wink

Yeah... ofcourse, i know ftp uses port 21 for connections BUT it also uses a dynamic port above 1024 to retreive data connections from clients (for dir listings etc...)So this is my problem, ICS responds as a firewall and blocks all ports beginning at 1024! Is there a possibility to turn off the firewall in the registry or to open up all ports above 1024 ??

BTW I'm not nuts