[RESOLVED] LinkSys Print Server

Thread: [RESOLVED] LinkSys Print Server

Sparky625

Resolved [RESOLVED] LinkSys Print Server

OK, get this...

PII-350 Win95C box ( ) connected to a LinkSys 2-port Print Server / Switch (EFSP42). Switch features work fine, connects to other machines & speed is good. Network protocols are TCP/IP & IPX, and everyone seems to be happy.

Whenever you print to the HP LJ5MP the PC asks (only the first time per boot, mind you) if you feel like dialing up to the internet to make the printer available. You can cancel the dial-up box, and everything prints fine until you reboot. If you change the connections options in IE (5.0, BTW) to Never Dial... it works fine, you just have to manually dial to get to the internet.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? Lemme know if you need more info. I'm about ready to

------------------
    Thank you for calling the support desk! How may I disconnect you today?

Check your settings on the print server if you are using TCP/IP can you ping it? Also do you have the port installed to communicate with the print server?
    To each his/her own.

Sparky625.NET

Angry

It's configured to use TCP/IP, and I can ping it fine, before and after it tries to dial-up. I do have the port set-up correctly and it prints just fine.

What is your internet connect? Is it a dialup? If so then it is your connection properties. You need to turn off the "connect to the internet"(everytime you want to do anything) function. You can also get to it through your IE/Tool/Internet Options.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein