win98 seeing printers on win2k server

Thread: win98 seeing printers on win2k server

Post win98 seeing printers on win2k server

For some reason when i log onto a win2k server, and go into network neighborhood, i click on the server and i dont see any of my shared printers, i can click on a folder and share it, and i can see and aceess it fine, but no printers. what could be my problem, im logging in as administrator so everything should be shared? thanks
    -Figment

Did you load the NetBeui protocol? The Win98 shared printers use NetBEUI to share, however win 2k uses Wins and TCP/IP.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Active8

Lightbulb

I dont agree with that, in win98 you can use TCP/IP protocol for sharing printers, Netbeui is not necessary, but i agree that when you want it play safe and easy you can use netbeui

Go to the Control Panel and Add Printer. Type in the name of the shared printer and it should work.

I don't think that NetBEUI is your solution... NetBEUI is a cross platform protocol, and the only time I'VE had to use it was dealing with old WFWG (Windows for Work Groups 3.11), I can't think of any LAN running on up-to-date OS's using NetBEUI over TCP/IP...

Check to make sure that your permissions are set correctly on the Win2K server and that the printer is shared properly.
    _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _
    James Sprott
    [email protected]
    http://webscaping.net

"Never put all your ranking officers in the same shuttle craft!"

Netbeui has nothing to do with it. Simple problem. Either load the active directory client on the Win 98 Workstation (If using Active Directory) and change the permissions on the server shares. Add Pre windows 2000 clients (Or something like that)as the permission on the share. Should fix problem.
    Don't even ask why they call me stressball....