using multilink without multilink?

Thread: using multilink without multilink?

Post using multilink without multilink?

I'm in the UK in an area without cable or ADSL. I would like to have a decent level of bandwidth but a 256kbps leased line is going to cost at least £5,000 (on 10 to 1 contention level) per annum.

4 ISDN2e channels on the other hand would provide the same bandwidth at about 1/4 the cost. The connection could be made on demand rather than having fixed IP and 'always on' security risks.

Is there any way to consolidate ISDN channels through either proxies or hardware / software?
    I'd prefer to avoid microsoft solutions for this particular project.
    What does this button do?

I aint no expert mate, but I believe if you can muster up a couple more PCs you could set up a proxy array through IIS and Proxy server. Naturally you will have to get additional ISDN line(s) installed, but once set up as a proxy array (3 PCs linked through a server as an example) Internet Information Server and MS Proxy Server can be configured to treat is as one connection. So Im led to believe. Let me know what you think.....I think perhaps your ISP may need to offer multilink capabilities, Im not sure. I tried, guv....could be wrong...

i'm not sure but i believe win2k supports this without iis
    Compaq sux!