[RESOLVED] missing Network neighborhood

Thread: [RESOLVED] missing Network neighborhood

Deraj

Resolved [RESOLVED] missing Network neighborhood

I have one of my computers that is missing the network neighborhood totaly and I can't figure out how to get it back, without reloading windows.

Need more info- system configuration, OS, etc.

Do you have a client set up like, Client For Microsoft Networks?

------------------
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

3fingersalute

What all is listed in network under the control panel?

------------------
    I have no recollection of any set of words, that when grouped together, form a favorite saying!

joey3k

Please Note, this is only a Win95/98 Solution

Well I'm going to assume that it's not a big problem at all. Your just missing a few network components.
    Ok, if we could head over to the computer for a minute, now do this:
    Double click the My Computer Icon, now go into Control Panel (yes there are other ways to do this) Now once in the Control Panel area, look for an icon with a name under it called Network. If you see this magical icon, double click it. It'll bring up the same thing as if you were going to right click network neighborhood and select properties if it were on the desktop.
    Now, let's hit that nice big juicy add button. You'll get another window pop up.
    From this window, select Client, and once you've done this, click Add.
    Now you'll get another window yet again. I guess thats why they call it Windows...haha:P bad humour from me again...
    Anyhow, you'll get another window, and you want to select Microsoft from the left hand side column, and then once you've done that, select Client for Microsoft Networks.
    Hit that beautiful OK button a few times, and you'll be prompted to restarted (probably even to insert the WIN9X OS cd)
    However, you may get sent back to the Identification tab in Network Neighborhood if you DONT already have a Computer Name setup, and a Workgroup name setup.
    Make sure now that you have your network neighborhood, to set everything up so your network will see eachother as a big happy family.
    Have fun, and if you need more help, we're always here

------------------
    If the problem persists, please contact the program vendor.