Exchange Server Question!

Thread: Exchange Server Question!

Question Exchange Server Question!

Ok, here is my problem. I am not quite sure if this is the right place for it, but here it goes. I have a User logging into a domain. They log in and can get their email no problems. I wanted to setup a second profile in the email, so when she opens Outlook, it prompts her to choose a profile. So she can either choose hers or the other user's. However when she tries to open the other users profile, it asks her for a username, password, and domain...she types in his username password and the domain and gets creditials have failed. Any ideas, I thought I gave them the correct rights, but any help would be appreciated.

depending on how your exchange server is setup you may have to allow that user to send on behalf of that person.. that is done on the exchange server... I don't remember exactly what tab it is... double click on the second users box, and search through the tabs..there is a small box near the bottom of that tab that allows you to add users to send/receive/edit on there behalf.. The reason that you are getting that message is because the orignal user is logged on as herself, and trying to open someone else's box. I have seen that same problem here...
    "I bent my wookie" -Ralph wiggum

Question

Yep, seen that on the exchange server, added the persons name to it, still having same problem, with it saying you do not have permission to log on.

Question

Yep, seen that on the exchange server, added the persons name to it, still having same problem, with it saying you do not have permission to log on.

damn I guess I should have read that last line... looks like you already did it... sorry man.. I am not at our exchange server right now, and the remote admin program has never worked... But I will look as soon as I get a chance.....

XENOMORPH
    "I bent my wookie" -Ralph wiggum

I can only say for 5.5 and maybe you did mean this if so please disregard. It is not done by Send on Behalf. There will be a permissions tab on the actual mailbox.

In Exchange 5.5 by default this is not visible though. To see this in MS Exchange Administrator goto Tools->Options->Permissions. Then there should be a selection for Show Permissions. Once you do this and go back into mailbox properties you will see a permissions tab. From there you can add accounts and thier roles.
    Not sure if located the same in 2000 though.
    "Good music makes you want to dance and kiss your girlfriend. Great music makes you want to riot and kill...."- Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine

For Exchange 2000 you can get at it with

Active Directory Users and Computers-> yourdomain.com-> Users-> Exchange General-> Delivery Options->Send on behalf

Not sure if youre running 5.5 or 2000 but heres the information for getting it up and running with 2000.

Hope this helps
    You mean something broke and you didn't break it? ~ ZIM
    I know I'm scared too. ~ GIR

use the delegate feature