2 computers sharing a cable connection

Thread: 2 computers sharing a cable connection

Post 2 computers sharing a cable connection

Here is one for you....

An AMD k6-2 500 and a Duron 900 sharing a Comcast connection through a Linksys Cable/DSL router and all cables are either Cat6 or Cat5E...

1) Is it possible to share the internet connection this way and the two computers be able to play on the same game server without suffering a ping loss??

I have noticed once I get onto the server she is on, her ping suffers. Once I leave it goes back up. And this is alot of times... when there are fewer people in there, it aint so bad.

2) If you need to know what brand NIC's they have, let me know and I will let you know.

If this isnt a good setup to share the internet connection and play in the same game server, what would you suggest... switching ISP's ? (We are moving in the next month or two... so.....)
    Using differant NIC's ? Getting DSL service? (That can be possible once we move.)
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

Are you using a hub or a switch along with that router? Or does the router have a built in switch? If you're using a hub, and your router doesn't have a built in switch,.. then go out and get yourself a switch (preferably a Linksys so that it looks really cool sitting next to your router). You'll notice a tremendous difference.
    Hello World

[quote]Originally posted by WebHead:
    <strong>Are you using a hub or a switch along with that router? Or does the router have a built in switch? If you're using a hub, and your router doesn't have a built in switch,.. then go out and get yourself a switch (preferably a Linksys so that it looks really cool sitting next to your router). You'll notice a tremendous difference.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Linksys Cable/DSL router with a 4 port Switch built in
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!