[RESOLVED] Best NICs for small LAN - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [RESOLVED] Best NICs for small LAN

mikecso

Netgear has got great networking stuff period. Best price for what their products offer. I don't think we have had a single return on any Netgear NIC, hub, or router. Works great w/ 98, Me, and Win2K.

Thumbs up

Intel Pro 10/100. I don't buy anything else.

------------------
    Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

computerpro

I used to be (in the old days) a 3COM only guy.

Now..For personal and business use I go with the DFE-530TX 10/100 NIC's from D-Link.

Why?

They cost $14. and work as well as any Intel or 3COM card I've ever used.

Don't believe it?
    Start transfering some data
    Fire up your protocol analyzer and do a read on one...then read a 3COM or Intel card....

Then transfer a (larger)30+ MB file from one workstation to another. Check the transfer time. Then try it with your "favorite" card.

Now that you are convinced, (admit it...you are)leave the card in the system for a couple years...don't worry it will still be there running fine....and if it does fail (I doubt it) go spend another $14 bucks for a new one. The money you save will let you upgrade all those ancient 3COM hubs you've been holding on to and trade them in for some nice fast 100Mbs switches

LagMonster

The Dlink DFE-TX+ works great and costs little. What more could you ask for.

Besides free beer!

x_789

Man I just repalced a rinky-D-Link card that was brand new on saturday cause the cable installer tech couldnt get the internet up dead dlink out of the box. Still they are better than LinkSys butNET GEAR IS THE BOMB BABY FOR LOW END. I am even starting to like SMC better than dlink and linksys. X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"