[RESOLVED] Mapping ports in NAT....Win2k Server

Thread: [RESOLVED] Mapping ports in NAT....Win2k Server

opiate

Resolved [RESOLVED] Mapping ports in NAT....Win2k Server

Win2k Server box, I'm using NAT with 2 NIC's. One for private and one for public. The private NIC is plugged into my switch. All other computers are plugged into the switch using static IP’s (169.248.0.11 is my workstation and 169.248.0.10 is my Win2k box private address). The cable modem is plugged directly into the NIC using DHCP for the ISP cable modem service.

I'm using NAT for the router, this works fine. My problem is that Internet software like MSN Messenger, BattleCom, Napster and others. I can communicate outside my private network to the Internet with these apps but if I want to send a file using MSN Messenger, or create a BattleCom host, or have users download files from my Napster Share on my workstation (169.348.0.11) I receive errors. The public is not able to access my internal network. How do I do this without spending any money? How do I configure this? Each app uses special ports, MSN Messenger uses 6891-6900 incoming and outgoing TCP/IP. How do I set NAT up to allow public access to these internal ports or map them?

Thanks

------------------[*]THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISMENT![*]

If you are sure the ports are being mistranslated by your NAT box and not the switch or the ISP then

http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/I...leID=7882&pg=2

heading acket translation.

It may point you in the right direction.

------------------
    Have you tried reading the manual?
    What does this button do?