[RESOLVED] Windows Media Player 7 (WinME)

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows Media Player 7 (WinME)

Eron_Z

Post Windows Media Player 7 (WinME)

Hi all.. I'm stumped.. I can play local MPEGS, Music, ANYTHING.

But as soon as I try to stream from the internet, Windows Media player just locks up.. No the system is fine, and No it does NOT say NOT RESPONDING in the CLOSE PROGRAM dialog box. I read some MS Q articles, and made sure VPN was uninstalled, and a few other things.. Any ideas?? I'm stumped!

What version of WMP? I had the same problem with the latest version (7.0) - and could usually play the file is saved to disk. Just not streaming.
    I backed down to 6.4 and the problem went away.

------------------
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. "

- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. "

- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

MacGyver

Thumbs down

Agreed, 6.4 is a much better version. Thank goodness MS had to keep it around for Win95 machines. 7.0 and above is just bloated full of fluff.

------------------
    sHIFT hAPPENS

x_789

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MacGyver:
    Agreed, 6.4 is a much better version. Thank goodness MS had to keep it around for Win95 machines. 7.0 and above is just bloated full of fluff.

</font>

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

Eron_Z

Hmm, I'd really like to find a solution to this issue. I mean there must be a way to get the media player to stream again..

SuBz

Microsoft kept an old version of Media Player in WinME. When you go to the properties of a file MP would play, change the program and in the list box will be "Windows Media Player".

I find everything to run much more stable and faster when I use the older version of Media Player over the newer version.

The only thing I found good about version 7 is that I think it does a little bit of a better job when you fullscreen a movie/video. I could be completely wrong though...

PEZ_B0y

uninstall window media player 7 and install windows media player 6.4 it's alot faster and alot less buggy.

------------------
    I like PEZ a bit
    This is why they call me PEZ_B0y

win media player 7 is fine on my machine running winME and i play streaming media with what has to be th worlds slowest dial up all i did was changed the buffer settings and put mu ISP's proxy details in the proxy configuration

------------------
    Now why are these screws left over...?
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001