Problem:<blockquote>The network card seems to work, but I can not access the network.</blockquote>
Situation:<blockquote>I have been trying to use an ISA network card (Magitronic 10BT model I-E16-COMBO-5) in a 486DX/33 with 16MB RAM running Win95 rev.A. Windows detects it as "Novell/Anthem: NE2000 Compatible". The card has a setup utility that allows the user to select the connection type (UTP or BNC), IRQ, and Memory Range. I have set it to the appropriate settings and there are no IRQ or Memory conflicts in the BIOS or in Windows. I have the installed protocols: TCP/IP and Netbeui. I do have the IP set in the TCP/IP settings. This computer's name is "desk" and the workgroup is "testing". "Desk" does not exist elsewhere on the network. While connected to the network hub, the activity light on the card flashes as it should. I have tested the network cable. The other computers on the network have the exact same network/protocol configuration. I have successfully installed this exact same model of NIC in a 486SX/33 with 8MB RAM also with Win95 rev.A and the same NE2000 driver. It seems that from another (and possibly all) computer on the network I was able to see that the workgroup "testing" exists, but am unable to browse it, with an error message of "Unable to browse workgroup testing" (or similar). I am unable to even see that the computer "desk" exists. When I ping the IP address assigned to "desk" I get "Request Timed Out". "Desk" is unable to ping other IPs on the network. The IP address and netmask for "desk" is set appropriately. I have tried removing all protocols, etc and reinstalling, but still no luck.. I even tried an identical NIC.. no luck at all.</blockquote>

any ideas?