Linksys opinions...

Thread: Linksys opinions...

Post Linksys opinions...

Does anybody have experience with the Linksys Hubs, Switches, or Routers? Are they decent, or am I going to have problems? Trying to decide what to buy.

Thanks
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

Thumbs up

Have 2 Linksys DSSX24 24 port switches(I think that is the model number). They are 10/100 and work fine for my company network. One of the switches did die on me and linksys replaced it with no problems and I had the new switch the next day. I have been warned by some Network Admins that Linksys's are prone to die after 6 months but of the 2 switchs, 1 100base hub, and 1 8 port switch that I have used at the places I have worked, I have only lost the above mentioned switch. Oh, and I have the 4 port broadband router/switch. If budget is a concern there should be nothing wrong with Linksys for small to medium size networks.
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

I like Linksys, but I think SMC is better all around. We use some of their NICs, routers, switches, and I have a Barricade at home. Flawless operation, lifetime guarantee and FREE 24/7 tech support. What's not to like?

I have dealt with their routers and nic's. I have not had any problems with them to this point. And the support's not too shabby either
    Veni, vidi, quiesco sum.
    "We came, We saw, We lazed around"

have my homenetwork routed through the linksys ethernet 5 port workgroup hub, running off 2 linksys ethernet cards.

no problems. works great. was thinking about checking out their cable router next.

Linksys is just fine. It's a good, reputable company. Not the best, but not the most expensive either. Good value products.

tk

I use a linksys workgroup hub and linksys dsl router and both work just fine.
    To each his/her own.

I'm running 3 puters at home with the Linksys 4-port router/hub and all 3 with Linksys 10/100 Fast ethernet cards, installed and configured simply and flawlessly and havent had a problem with any of it- running the DHCP, puters networked, does the NAT, etc.

Thanks everybody for your input. Glad to hear your opinions since my company just ordered 3 16-port 10/100 Switches. Now I just have to wait until they show up before I can have some fun with them.

Thanks again.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...