Displaying Network Information

Thread: Displaying Network Information

Post Displaying Network Information

Is there a quick and dirty way to list a network computers network configuration info? Basically, I've been looking for a program to provide a complete list of hardware and software info for computers. I found a great one called hardware info... it displays everything you'd want to know about a computer, and does it all remotely from the network. The only thing it doesn't display, ironically, is the network info. Not even the IP address.

So, I wondered if there's a command line program that will display IP, Subnet, Gateway, and DNS info for a computer.

Thanks!
    tim

how about adding in your login script ipconfig /all > Network.txt

Don't Run>winipcfg or Run>ipconfig do it?

Good luck

Originally posted by tk421:
    Is there a quick and dirty way to list a network computers network configuration info? Basically, I've been looking for a program to provide a complete list of hardware and software info for computers. I found a great one called hardware info... it displays everything you'd want to know about a computer, and does it all remotely from the network. The only thing it doesn't display, ironically, is the network info. Not even the IP address.

So, I wondered if there's a command line program that will display IP, Subnet, Gateway, and DNS info for a computer.

Thanks!
    tim
    The name of the program that you use please...
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

look on ther main windrivers page at the utilities section - I'm sure I saw stuff like this under the 'System' section.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

gabriel, the program I found is called hardinfo 2000. seems really cool. the unregistered version lets you do all except print/save full reports. Which I need, so I'll be registering it ($79 I think).

Condor: That's a cool idea. I'd just have to make everyone log off and back on if I wanted the info right away.

I'll check on the windrivers utils section.

Thanks!
    tk

Originally posted by tk421:
    Condor: That's a cool idea. I'd just have to make everyone log off and back on if I wanted the info right away.
    You don't need them to log off to get the info this way. Just have them click on start/run and type ipconfig /all and enter. If you wish to speed up this process, just make a shortcut on their desktop to run ipconfig with the /all parameter.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."