[RESOLVED] Here's a stumper

Thread: [RESOLVED] Here's a stumper

RIOT

Post Here's a stumper

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this so here goes...

I work at a bank and a couple of the tellers keep complaining of their computers shutting down/locking up/etc. in the middle of customer transactions. The teller machines are:

HP Brio
    Intel Celeron 466MHz
    63MB RAM
    Windows 98SE

It uses a IBM client to access the AS/400 and uses 5250 emulator to run the teller software off the AS/400. The weird thing is that only these two tellers have this problem. Their computers mess up two or three times a day. I happened to be at their branch when one of them got an error. It was a BSOD error about VXD VWIN32(05). I looked up the error at Microsoft's website, and it said something about the Desktop Management Interface (DMI) Start utility. It says that I need to contact the manufacturer of the DMIStart utility for a patch.

How do I find out who the DMIStart utility's manufacturer is? And if this is messing up one teller's machine, wouldn't another teller's machine mess up, too. I mean, they are all the exact type of computer with the same software installed. Thanks for any replies, and sorry this was so long.

I'm not proud to admit it but we have some Burrito's in house. They run fine for what they do, you do realize that they only have heatsinks and not fans, have you checked to see what the temp is on the proc when they lock up becuase we have had to send some back for locking up becuase of excessive heat problems.

------------------
    Soylent Green is People!!!! Its made of People!!!!!
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

RIOT

Thanks for the tip; I'll have to try that. Both the computers are under the drive-through window counter so they might be overheating. What are some programs that you know of to measure processors temp?

[This message has been edited by RIOT (edited February 22, 2001).]

Swankman

Thumbs up

Ive found that this one works great!
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

------------------
    Think honk if you're a telepath