Hybrid View

Bwilsor

Resolved [RESOLVED] The wierdest connectivity prob I've seen

Win98
    Intel 100+ Pro NIC
    Client32 3.3 (just upgraded from 3.1)
    Connecting to Novell 4.11 server
    Static IP

It can't see any computer except for the server its logged into. While being logged into the server I can't see the contents of any network drive.
    If I open network neighborhood i see the tree, server, and context but can't see anything inside of each.

I've tried reinstalling the NIC, even a different NIC, the client has been upgraded, reinstalled TCP/IP, quadruple checked the IP, gateway, and DNS addresses.

It looks like its only completing half the OSI model. This is really hard to explain so bear with me. But I also have to fix it ASAP.

MAC

What other protocols are you running? Are you logging into the PDC? I suppose that all other computers work fine and this is a unique problem? Please clarify.

You are both logging in with a valid id and are running scripts?

Open Network Neighborhood, right click on the tree and select whoami. Make sure that it return valid data.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

x_789

Is this a good login can you see the stuff from another machine with same login? Also do you have file and printer sharing installed? Sounds like two diffrent issues here. Is ipx/spx installed? X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

[This message has been edited by x_789 (edited February 22, 2001).]

Bwilsor

Its unique to the machine, running ipx and tcp/ip

Bwilsor

oh well, it was decided to backup the important stuff and start from scratch

n8dawg

try installing ipx and client for netwere

Bwilsor

Tried it. I also removed an re-installed Winsock, All of the network crap. I even went so far as to try another patch cable on a different port.

It can ping itself and thats it. It can't see anything. But it can login to the Novell server.