[RESOLVED] NIC won't bind to Novell client

Thread: [RESOLVED] NIC won't bind to Novell client

computertechgirl

Question NIC won't bind to Novell client

I have a subordinate tech in another location that reloaded several machines and found that after loading the NIC card drivers and the Novell client, he couldn't get network connectivity because the NIC card wouldn't bind to the client.

Details:
    -several NICs tried: 3Com 905B's and 905C's
    -several machines running Win95x and one running Win98se
    -Novell client32 v. 3.12

There are like 7 machines affected.

Any ideas?
    -erica

------------------
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a BEER and an airline -it helps if you have some kind of football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER." -Frank Zappa

x_789

I think the subordinate is leaving something out here. Is he getting errors on the install of the client. Does it have any network capabilities can it browse its own workgroup? Any info as to if the install looks to be clean is he choosing bindary on the install? please see if you can get some more info. X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

condor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by computertechgirl:
    I have a subordinate tech in another location that reloaded several machines and found that after loading the NIC card drivers and the Novell client, he couldn't get network connectivity because the NIC card wouldn't bind to the client.

Details:
    -several NICs tried: 3Com 905B's and 905C's
    -several machines running Win95x and one running Win98se
    -Novell client32 v. 3.12

There are like 7 machines affected.

Any ideas?
    -erica

</font>
    use UNC32 to unistall any Novell client
    try to use the Native Windows IPX/Spx compatible protocol.

Install the latest driver from 3Com.

try to check for anything in common for those machines (other than the NIC)

Install Dial-up Adapter and see if it binds to the Client..

Look at the registry (HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Service\CLASS under the Network devices installed.
    you might need to remove all the network including a registry clean and reinstall.

------------------
    Computers do exactly what you tell them to do - not exactly what you want them to do ...

Also after removing all Novell client pieces, install the Microsoft Client for Novell Networks, IPX/SPX and try to connect. If it now works, install NetWare cleint 32 v.3.2 minimum.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

El Oso

I know you mentioned both 95x and 98se. One problem is 95x. Client 3x will not work with 95A.

computertechgirl

Talking

First of all, thanks for all your help!

The problem is resolved.

I went to his location yesterday to find that he was loading Win98 on all these older machines and well, there were some rather predictable problems due to the scant 16Mg of memory in the machines. I personally loaded Win95c and the client and had connectivity immediately.

Thanks again everyone!

-erica