No See Server

Thread: No See Server

Angry No See Server

Hi:

I need some ideas, please. I have a network at home. The server and the clients can't SEE the server, not even when doing a search. The server is the PDC. The clients can log in to the PDC. The server and the clients can see the shares on the clients computers though. I 've check the shares on the computer and they are fine. I 've even try to remove and readded the shares. Nothing. Please help.

Well, lets see. what OS are you running on the server and client machines. so the server doesn't show up in network neighborhood at all? try hitting F5 for refresh or making sure your using the same primary network logon.
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

Question

Both running windows2000. Wish it was as simple as a refresh, reboot, reshare. Like I said, It is the PDC and it acts like it.

Are you running DHCP or APIPA? If DHCP check to see that the subnets are set up correctly, and the client is getting a correct ip for that subnet. I no longer set up my PDC as a DHCP server under 2000, don't need it as it's just a small network.

It is the PDC server that is having the problem. It can't be seen by the server itself or the clients. The server can access shared resources on the DHCP Client, but the server itself does not show up as a share or in network or by searching.

have u tried removing protocols and reconfiguring them?

If you run: \\servername\sharename
    can you browse the servers share? If so then it sounds like a netBeui browsing problem, if not check the shares and make sure that you have defined shares (other than the default admin shares)
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010