WIN 2000 remote login HELP!!!!

Thread: WIN 2000 remote login HELP!!!!

Post WIN 2000 remote login HELP!!!!

I have a clients who is trying to login to my WIN NT 4 server with WIN 2000. He is trying to dial-up via modem to login as a network user. His copmuter connects to our server and I can see him through RAS monitor screen but he cannot enter our domain. I have setup his user account on my server to have full access. What am I missing?
    Very important, please advise.
    Thnx.

Cool

Is the 2000 laptop in a different domain? I've had a problem where my Win2KPro laptop can "see" my home shares and the shares are set to "everyone has full controll", however I cannot connect to the share. (Home network is different domain than my laptop is because it is for work). What I had to do was place my laptop in a "workgroup" and then I could browse and attach to any share that had the appropriate permissions.

JKS
    I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
    John Cage (1912-1992)

Yes he is running in another domain at his office. He logs into ours on occasion to retrieve certain files. When he calls into our server which is NT and clicks on NET Neighborhood all he sees is his computer name and none of ours in our workgroup.
    Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Check the DUN connection to make sure it prompts him for the domain to dial in to . I do a similar thing. I have a domain at home and one at the office.

Talking

I fixed it. The client did not have NetBEUI service running on his system. I had him change that and he can login now. Thanks for all your assistance!