Old motherboard drivers causing bad FPS?

Thread: Old motherboard drivers causing bad FPS?

Angry Old motherboard drivers causing bad FPS?

I bought a GeForce3 to replace my old 8mb TNT2 Riva. But once i got it installed with the newest drivers, my FPS was still around 30! I KNOW it should be more then this since i am running the game at 640*480! So do you think it is my old motherboard drivers causing this? And if so, i have no idea which drivers to get for them, so if u would be such a savour and tell me how i would find out where i should look to fin dout my motherboard maker i would be very greatful. Also i am running a 655Mhz Pentium3 with 128MB RAM...please help someone. THanx

Originally posted by KaMi-sTyLe:
    But once i got it installed with the newest drivers, my FPS was still around 30! I KNOW it should be more then this since i am running the game at 640*480!
    Why You need more? I think,what game's software automatically correcting FPS rate in order to keep FPS rate stable at recommended 30FPS. Just a thought... May be I'm wrong,though...

Angry

No cuz the game is Half-Life....and if i go to a completey dark corner with no movement and zoom in at the wall i can get in the 90s...and i was playing yesterday and i guy was gettin 120fps...i dont get it...im guessin old motherboard....but im not sure. Oh and the 30 isnt stable, it drops to the teens....

quick thought

does your mb support agp 4x ?

Question

Im not sure...if its a newer feature then probly not considering my MB is old and crappy...is there anyway to look to see if it does or not?

Talking

You can tell from the MB manual or if you can find out the manufacturer and model of your MB you can check it out through - Windrivers Search pages

(howz that for a plug ps windrivers rulez !)