MTV's 20th Birthday
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MTV's 20th Birthday

Thumbs up MTV's 20th Birthday

Did anyone watch it? I thought it rocked! Kid Rock's president song was the best...

MTV is the most positive real life network out of all of them. I cannot stand watching NBC, CBS, ABC....they all suck a$$.

Wha'd you like about it?

dude, mtv bites. It used to be the best. it started going downhill in the early 90's

a little after that, VH1 became the channel to watch. it plays the best music
    24 Hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence?
    I THINK NOT!!!
    It Wasn't Me...It Was The One Armed Man.

[quote]Originally posted by 86Camaro350:
    <strong>dude, mtv bites. It used to be the best. it started going downhill in the early 90's

a little after that, VH1 became the channel to watch. it plays the best music</strong><hr></blockquote>

dude, no it dosent... MTV ROCKS!

[quote]Originally posted by opiate:
    <strong>
    MTV is the most positive real life network out of all of them. I cannot stand watching NBC, CBS, ABC....they all suck a$$.
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow that's wierd. I thought those channels were bringing you the news... you know REAL LIFE. As for me I don't watch much tv. I started hating MTV in the early 90's and stopped watching it. Now the only things I watch are the news, movies, and animal planet. Hey, quit your laughing I like animals. Anyhow, don't mean to feed a flame war and hope this post doesn't turn into one but IMO MTV sucks.... bad.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

antimtv.com
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

Im a guy that loved the "80's" style rock so dont get me started on how MTV killed the style. Needless to say I dont watch it much
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

i dont watch MTV any more. never did get into rapp music . seems to me all they do is recite
    poetry. they dont sing.MTV is a little to young
    for me . VH1 is ok i guess . i like oldies rock.

BC
    Chicken one day...feathers the next
    Set your goals high and then go get a ladder.

Well, the only thing I can say is... If you don't watch it then how do you know it sucks so bad?

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

The cable system I had in 81 was one of the first to pick up MTV. I remember the launch. For several years through the 80's I liked it. I still remember Van Halen - Jump and Hot for Teacher , Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark and Glory Days, Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love and Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer (awesome for it's time). There are more 2 numerous to mention. Then those morphed into VH1 and now I find myself watching MTV very rarely now.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Cool

[quote]Originally posted by cc_penguin:
    <strong>Im a guy that loved the "80's" style rock so dont get me started on how MTV killed the style. Needless to say I dont watch it much</strong><hr></blockquote>

ADAM CURRY RULED!
    *The official eating utensil of all WinDrivers members*

MTV??? you mean RTV...Rapp Television that's about what it is!!
    Hey I remember when MTV first aired and in it's present form it SUCKS!!!
    And don't tell me I haven't tried to watch it cause I have.
    I don't see how you can compare news channels to music channels anyway...that doesn't even make sense.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

[quote]Originally posted by Budster64:
    <strong>I don't see how you can compare news channels to music channels anyway...that doesn't even make sense.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Let me clarify my statement above for the Windriver forum critics.

What I meant was that if I'm watching TV I would rather watch MTV because the NBC, CBS and ABC channels feed you bloated, political, over rated news.

Yes, MTV does play allot of today's more trendy music. I'm not really a trendy person but I do like Hip-Hop, RAP, R&B and mostly ROCK especially being a guitar player for 11 years. If rock is the only music you listen to then I would suggest expanding your mind. Hey, maybe next time your post will be more positive and I won't have to slam you...

Gee wiz, these forums really do suck now. Lighten the F**K up people!

I'm out...

Hey Opiate...it seems that whenever anyone disagrees with you the forum s*cks. Well my friend life is full of disagreements deal with it!.
    I have been disagreed with many times but I don't sit here telling people to "lighten up" I agree to disagree and let it go at that. You need a bit of maturity I would say. I mean that as contructive criticism not as a flame. But alas I just don't think you will see it this way.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

I watch MTV occassionally, and I watch MTV2 quite a bit. There is a big difference between the two. MTV2 actually plays videos!!!! It's great. MTV has become quite pompous. Eventually you too will become bored with their style and move on to other sources of entertainment.
    I think he's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children.
    Drederick Tatum
    Simpsons

[quote]Originally posted by Budster64:
    <strong>Hey Opiate...it seems that whenever anyone disagrees with you the forum s*cks. Well my friend life is full of disagreements deal with it!.
    I have been disagreed with many times but I don't sit here telling people to "lighten up" I agree to disagree and let it go at that. You need a bit of maturity I would say. I mean that as contructive criticism not as a flame. But alas I just don't think you will see it this way.</strong><hr></blockquote>

These forums suck!