PC Chips M810LMR illegal operations

Thread: PC Chips M810LMR illegal operations

Post PC Chips M810LMR illegal operations

I am getting illegal operations with my ALL-in-ONE main board! I am using Win 98 SE (same in 1st ed!). I get illegal operations when I preview any of the MS 3D screen savers! Also with some games!

Is this a known conflict/issue & are there any fixes out there?

Lightbulb

Try visiting both, your hardware site and Microsoft site for driver upgrades and compability upgrades. Sounds to me like you are having a possible DirectX or driver issue.

The objective it is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

I suffered this problem on an older PC Chips board. The boards that had the Trident SVGA seemed fine, but the ones that have an alternative non-intel chipset have a lot of driver issues.

Like the other chap says. try getting the latest 4-in-1 drivers, vga drivers and directx. These drivers, on older boards, are sensitive to the -order- in which you install them. Would certainly reccommend downloading the drivers, scrubbing the windows directory and installing from scratch in the order Win98, 4-in-1 drivers, vga drivers, sound, other, directx8

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Direct X 8.0a worked a treat!

(Win Me was fine on it's own!)