Star Wars: Episode II - WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode II - WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!

Angry Star Wars: Episode II - WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!

In cae you haven't seen it yet, Lucasfilm have announced the title for Star Wars: Episode II in their latest <a href="http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/08/news20010806.html" target="_blank">press release</a> on the official site.

What were they thinking?!? This is worse than "The Phantom Menance" !!!
    I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
    than screaming in terror like his passengers.
    Jim Harkins
    <a href="http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/</a>

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Makes perfect sense. The Clone Wars were the precursor to Palpatine taking complete control of the old Republic and Anakin's rise as a young jedi and his seduction to the dark side.

I think I've read way to many Star Wars Novels, short stories and comic books over the last +20 years!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Talking

[quote]Originally posted by pakprotector:
    <strong>I think I've read way to many Star Wars Novels, short stories and comic books over the last +20 years! </strong><hr></blockquote>

I, too, have read most of the Star Wars books. If I remember correctly, Emperor Palpatine uses some new-found Sparti cloning cylinders to clone dark Jedi Knights for hunting down and destroying the entire Jedi population. That confrontation was called the "Clone Wars". So, it appears that LucasFilms is maintaining the storyline.

If you didn't like Phantom Menace, don't waste your money going to the next episode. Rather, go rent Titanic and watch it again...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

I, too, have read most of the books and knew that this installment would probably be about the clone wars. But I still think the title sounds kind of cheesy. I think they could have come up with something better.
    <a href="http://www.8ung.at/furlong47" target="_blank">Furlong47's Poetry Page</a>
    <a href="http://roadtrip.d-domains.net" target="_blank">ROADTRIP!!!</a>

You know it's going to be a long day when you get up, shave and shower, start to get dressed and your shoes are still warm. -- Dean Webber

I've read everything on Star Wars (its too bad I couldn't get paid to be a historian) Anyways if you know the history everything makes sense, the reason most people weren't happy with the Phantom Menace is because they simply didn't get it. If anyone is too clueless to realize that Anakin Skywalker will become Darth Vader than as said above they should go rent Titanic.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

I think the name is supposed to be cheesy. It's supposed to be reminiscent of those old movie shorts like Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon, and others. I don't think too much of the name either, but as long as it isen't as dissapoinging as TPM, I'll be happy.

[quote]Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff:
    <strong>

I, too, have read most of the Star Wars books. If I remember correctly, Emperor Palpatine uses some new-found Sparti cloning cylinders to clone dark Jedi Knights for hunting down and destroying the entire Jedi population. That confrontation was called the "Clone Wars". So, it appears that LucasFilms is maintaining the storyline.

If you didn't like Phantom Menace, don't waste your money going to the next episode. Rather, go rent Titanic and watch it again... </strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly right and this is also why there aren't really any jedi left when episode IV begins. I think it's rather fitting for the storyline and history.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Attack of the clones???
    Sounds like one of those cheap B horror movies.
    As long as it's not as boring as the first 1.

Talking

[quote]Originally posted by iamtheman:
    <strong>If anyone is too clueless to realize that Anakin Skywalker will become Darth Vader than as said above they should go rent Titanic.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How could people not know?! Hell, there were movie posters depicting Anakin Skywalker with his shadow resembling Darth Vader. Easy give away. But yet some people still don't get it.

I definitely will be excited to see this come out.
    *The official eating utensil of all WinDrivers members*

Thumbs down

Am I the only Star Wars fan who thinks that Jar Jar Binks should be run through slowly with a lightsaber?

If any character should be removed from the storyline, its him. I've never appreciated the supposed "comic relief" this navel lint was supposed to bring to this otherwise fine movie franchise.

Although my 5-year old daughter *does* like him, she also likes "Hello Kitty" and Blue's Clues.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I'm really looking forward to Lucas finally getting around to finish this series (uh well complete the begining of it)
    But, if you can get ahold of the bootleg THE PHANTOM EDIT: it is wonderful version of EP 1 edited by a fan to REMOVE almost ALL the scenes wih Jar-Jar and the cutesy Anakin crap. It made for a better movie, and I honestly did not miss ANY of the deleted scenes. Basically the story moves along better and smoother. Understandibly Lucas is, shall we say, a touch upset by this edit... But I highly reccomend it, available through the usual sources.

*please note Mods, I give no information about WHERE or HOW to get it, and that if you are looking for this, please, make sure you OWN a copy of the original VHS and don't distro it, ok?*
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

Star Wars: Phantom Menace (good name.... bad movie)

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (cheesy name, good movie?????)

Anyone who is ANY kind of Star Wars fan could have seen this one coming a mile away, the next movie dealing with the Clone Wars. I look forward to seeing it. I hope it will be better.

I wonder if alot of people sent the StarWars.com website a petition to get Lucas to change the title to......
    something like....
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

I personally think that would be the best title.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

Talking

I think that the name should be changed to Star Wars; The Clone Wars. That makes more sence and does sounds less cheesy.

I think that many people thought that TPM sucked because there was about 16 years of build up for it. ROTJ was relased in 1983. Soon after that Lucas stated that he would make episodes 1, 2 and 3. Fast forward to 1999. 16 years later. The youngins that saw Star Wars back in 1977 are all grown up. We who loved Star Wars, and have been waiting for SOOO damn long for episode 1 to come out, were expecting more than ANYONE could give us. But all that aside, I still liked the movie, and I am eagerly awaiting episode 2 regardless of what the title is!
    U.S. out of U.N.

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones may be a "working title" with the actual title being revealed closer to the film's release. I agree that it has a rather B-movie sound to it.

The Clone Wars
    &
    Rise of the Empire

are my choices for preferred sub-title, with 'Fall of the Jedi' for episode 3 (might make a good lead-in for 'A New Hope' in episode 4).

Regardless, I'm staying faithful and will catch Episode II when it comes out.

When all else fails.....FDISK!

regardless of the name i will go see the movie.
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan