Suggestions PLEASE!

Thread: Suggestions PLEASE!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Post Suggestions PLEASE!

I first thought about putting this in the programming section but since I am not asking about the code itself I felt it was best to put it here.

I am in the preliminary design phase of making a virtual pet for my Visual Basic Final Project for school and I am looking for some ideas to make it really cool. If any of you have any suggestions as to what to or what not to include it would really help me alot.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Use DirectX as the grafics engine for the virtual pet (what is the pet going to be?). I've made a few small apps for DirectX. Here is a link to MSDN for developing DirectX applications using Visual Basic.

<a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dx8_vb/directx_vb/dx8start_vb_81.asp?frame=true" target="_blank">http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dx8_vb/directx_vb/dx8start_vb_81.asp?frame=true </a>

Good Luck. Hey, I'd like to see it when you get done

I am not going to do anything extremely complex but what I had thought of so far is have a choice of a virtual frog, turtle and a cat. Have a feed water and bath button as well as some for activities.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Banned

Oooh, virtual budweiser frogs and the two lizards!!!!

Make it like esheep. I love that program. But make it a dog or iguana or hey, how about a monkey!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Capt. O:
    <strong>hey, how about a monkey!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">and put in a spank button?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Damned Angel:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Capt. O:
    <strong>hey, how about a monkey!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">and put in a spank button?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Spank button is a must, thanks for the input and keep 'em coming

how about for a virtual pet make a breast

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Flash is always a great way to make interactive animations. <a href="http://webhead15.tripod.com/flash/funtimepeople.swf" target="_blank">Here's one that I made.</a> I used to have this cool one of an animated dog that pooed on some flowers that I made. It was cool, but I lost it.
    Hello World

Webhawg, tripod strikes again! Can't see your flash.

Radical Dreamer, my daughter would love a virtual turtle pet, so if you do make it, I have a beta testing ready and willing
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NooNoo:
    <strong>Webhawg, tripod strikes again! Can't see your flash.

Radical Dreamer, my daughter would love a virtual turtle pet, so if you do make it, I have a beta testing ready and willing </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the heads up NooNoo. All these free webservers are such a pain in the neck. Anyway,.. <a href="http://webhead15.tripod.com/flash" target="_blank">I hope this works.</a> All I'm trying to display here is sort of an idea of interactive cartoon pet type thingy's. I know these are human characters, but it sorta on a really low level give's an example of the interactivity of Flash animations. Be sure to click on the characters with your mouse btw.
    Hello World

Cool caricatures - you design them yourself Web?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NooNoo:
    <strong>Cool caricatures - you design them yourself Web?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. Yes. I drew them on tracing paper, and then scanned them in jpg format. Did a little PhotoShopping to create the neccessary frames needed to animate them, then imported them into flash. From Flash, I derasterized them into vector format (can't remember the exact name,.. I think it's "trace bitmap" or something.) Then created the animation tweens, made them into buttons, added the lingo, and presto!! Magic cartoon buttons. It took a little time, but it was fun to work on. I was bored at work one day a long time ago.
    Hello World

how about a tell me a joke button where iy get attendtion from you listining to its really corny jokes
    I like trafic lights