Women in tech - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Women in tech

Banned

[quote]Originally posted by Draggar:
    <strong>

I'll have to agree with Kymera, there are a lot of guys out there, if they see a woman in charge of them, they feel they can slack off. then, if she comes down on them for slacking off, they give her the whole 'you're being a bitch' routine.

Someitmes, I'm ashamed to be a guy, esp seeing people like that (and I've worked with them). They do nothing, making everyone else (at this time there were 3 of us, and 2 were the slacking off type, so guess who did all the work?), then give an attitude when the boss trys to talk to them. I hate guys like that.

Basicaly, I look at it this way,
    If you're willing and able to pull your own weight around the workarea, great. If you have a good personality in you, allowing you to get along with your co-workers, great. If you're one of those who like to slack off, then I'd say find a new job. I don't want you working with me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

But don't play that damned martyr routine. One thing I have noticed about most all women is that they want to work hard, great go ahead. Don't play the damned martyr because you always take more than you can chew, don't ask me to help, don't keep me informed, and so on. That really pisses me off, you aren't working harder than me or making me look lazy. You are justing trying to impress someone, fill me in on what is going on and WE can get it done. That is what I have noticed in many females that really pisses me off.

[quote]Originally posted by Kymera:
    <strong>

Well, that's the way I feel. XY or XX, if I have to carry your sorry butt, I don't want to work with you. Maybe we can work something out Draggar. I wouldn't mind working for you if you weren't afraid of getting in the trenches.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I work with the public now. I'm a wireless phone tech. The only people who want to talk to me are pissed off at me. I spend my day in the trench...
    (and the people we deal with are the domestic violent and/or drug dealer types). these guys have no problem beating their own wives / children...

Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

[quote]Originally posted by ElBatcho:
    <strong>...think a little before you type.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I mean, for the love of all things holy, <font size = "5">PLEASE?</font>

Why, oh ***WHY*** on a board that invites all races and sexes and nationalities do people continue to think it's okay to put up racist/sexist/bigotted posts, especially in the form of a rant? Why, then, do they get upset that all others don't agree with them and respond kindly?? Why, oh why, oh why if they are smart enough to understand binary code and memory registers are they not smart enough to see where posts like this will lead??? WHY?

Thunderwind, you need to quit your damn whining, bend over, stick it out, and take exactly whatever you get with a smile. OR...like the intelligent, qualified problem solver that you are, you could delete this thread. If you need assistance or instruction on how to do that, I'm sure there are plenty of willing people here that can give you that information.

[quote]Originally posted by Renée:
    <strong>

I mean, for the love of all things holy, <font size = "5">PLEASE?</font>

Why, oh ***WHY*** on a board that invites all races and sexes and nationalities do people continue to think it's okay to put up racist/sexist/bigotted posts, especially in the form of a rant? Why, then, do they get upset that all others don't agree with them and respond kindly?? Why, oh why, oh why if they are smart enough to understand binary code and memory registers are they not smart enough to see where posts like this will lead??? WHY?

Thunderwind, you need to quit your damn whining, bend over, stick it out, and take exactly whatever you get with a smile. OR...like the intelligent, qualified problem solver that you are, you could delete this thread. If you need assistance or instruction on how to do that, I'm sure there are plenty of willing people here that can give you that information.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Renne, sweethart, I was just expressing my feelings in an open forum. It was a rant. I did not direct this to anyone specificly. I wanted to see if my opintion was out of line or valid. This is why I ran my feelings accross my wife first. She agreed with me about this one. My wife was a dbase admin, now works for an accountant and runs her own business. Now, she is not some dumb slut from a trailer park, she is smart and educated. She agreed with me! Go figure. I must have a valid point!
    Steven Henry

[quote]Originally posted by Thunderwind (Steven Henry):
    <strong>

Renne, sweethart, I was just expressing my feelings in an open forum. It was a rant. I did not direct this to anyone specificly. I wanted to see if my opintion was out of line or valid. This is why I ran my feelings accross my wife first. She agreed with me about this one. My wife was a dbase admin, now works for an accountant and runs her own business. Now, she is not some dumb slut from a trailer park, she is smart and educated. She agreed with me! Go figure. I must have a valid point!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thunderwind, I think you're missing the point. It's not about whether you think you were right or not. It is an open forum, points - valid or otherwise - are contested. You must have expected at least a little heat from the female members of this board in regard to your post.
    end of line.

<strong>
    I must have a valid point!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Look at the beginning of your post.
    'Never hire any women into your department' (or something to that point).

I know you're not trying to sound sexist, but damn, thats a strong statement!
    You bombed their Pearle Harbor with that comment.

Yes, I'll agree some women are horrible to work for, wether its attitude, work ethic, job knowledge, or whatever. But I'd say the same percentage of men are just as bad.

The #2 and #3 techs I deal with are both women. Both are damn good workers. When I email out a question (one is in Rochester, NY, ther other is in Kansas City, MO), these two are usually the first ones to reply, with more than a 'nope' answer.
    Sure, if I ask a yes or no question, then the nope is there, but they usually send back a well, I really don't know, but try this and see if it works?

My area manager is a female. Sure, she would kick your *** if she wanted to, but I think she is pretty cool to work for. She's laid back, and always willing to listen to new ideas.

If you don't hire someone because they don't fill your required experience, or not as qualified as someone else, then fine. If you are not going to hire them beacuse of whats between their legs (or whats not there), then that's an issue you and your HR department should discuss. Its wrong.
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

[quote]Originally posted by Kymera:
    <strong>

Thunderwind, I think you're missing the point. It's not about whether you thing you were right or not. It is an open forum, points - valid or otherwise - are contested. You must have expected at least a little heat from the female members of this board in regard to your post.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Of course I did, she is the one saying that I should remove the post. I never censor! Even on my own board! Except the F word. I expected a response, but I do not like personal attacks & i am not telling to to zip it or anything.
    Steven Henry

<strong>******Warning Rant Session**************

(Beging Rant}

One of my top 50 leasons that I have learned is the following:

What ever you do, never hire a women in your IT department! They are so damn moody and you cant kick there asses if they step out of line!!!!

They whine, they are way too damn detailed with every thing (I mean EVERYTHING).

Word of warning

I dont mean to sound sexist (LIE), but damn. Shut the F*** up already!!!

(End Rant)

Sorry to offend any ladies out there, I am sure you are not like the person that I have described. You cant be if you read windrivers!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is about the stupidest Topic ever. You have problems with some co-workers, post a rant about not hiring women..then proceed to say sorry to offend and ladies? what the **** did you think you were going to do? You think we all just going bow down like your shtupped wife and say "yes dear, you are male and therefore all knowing and correct in everything"?? If you have problems with more than one co-worker, maybe you should sit down and think. Maybe it's you with the problem, maybe you, like most IT males out there, think you are gods gift and know everything there is to know. The women in your office probably understand your poor attitude towards them and are dealing with that in the only way YOU UNDERSTAND.

My current job has me working under a boss who is quite laid back, he's a he. And next is the Network Admin. Now when I first came on, the NA had some serious issues. Nothing I did was right. Complained about everything. So basically I sat down with him and talked it out. We just got back form a business trip to New Mexico and had a great time both during and after work. And so far we get along great, once we got past his Chauvaistic attitude.

I think the only reason your wife agreed with you is she's affraid of getting smacked in the face from the neanderthal you sound like.

Kymera, don't apologize for your posts, everything you wrote, excpet the apologies, were right on.

Thunderwind, shut the **** up, and quit whining.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

[quote]Originally posted by Lycia:
    <strong>

This is about the stupidest Topic ever. You have problems with some co-workers, post a rant about not hiring women..then proceed to say sorry to offend and ladies? what the **** did you think you were going to do? You think we all just going bow down like your shtupped wife and say "yes dear, you are male and therefore all knowing and correct in everything"?? If you have problems with more than one co-worker, maybe you should sit down and think. Maybe it's you with the problem, maybe you, like most IT males out there, think you are gods gift and know everything there is to know.

My current job has me working under a boss who is quite laid back, he's a he. And next is the Network Admin. Now when I first came on, the NA had some serious issues. Nothing I did was right. Complained about everything. So basically I sat down with him and talked it out. We just got back form a business trip to New Mexico and had a great time both during and after work. And so far we get along great, once we got past his Chauvaistic attitude.

I think the only reason your wife agreed with you is she's affraid of getting smacked in the face from a the neanderthal you sound like.

Kymera, don't apologize for your posts, everything you wrote, excpet the apologies, were right on.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am quite offended, the fact is my wife could kick my *** if i ever hit her!!! The only thing neanderthal here is your post!

Again, a women getting all bitchy and out of line. Please curb your personal attacks. Especially about my wife. You do not know her in the slightests, so quit it. Thank you. If you have a beef, direct it to me or not at all. You have know idea what you are talking about.
    Steven Henry

<strong>

I am quite offended, the fact is my wife could kick my *** if i ever hit her!!! The only thing neanderthal here is your post!

Again, a women getting all bitchy and out of line. Please curb your personal attacks. Especially about my wife. You do not know her in the slightests, so quit it. Thank you. If you have a beef, direct it to me or not at all. You have know idea what you are talking about.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't post your baby @$$ whining here and expect me not to get offended. You don't want to hear, SHUT UP and dont post.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

This has gone far enough now...

Topic Closed.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Wow. i was an angry elf back then! Time has changed me for the better for sure. I can barely remember what i was so worked up about. I was young and stupid. Sorry ladies!

edit: Wow, the more I read, the more i want to smack my younger self! I doubt anyone will ever read this, but again... sorry that I was such a different person back when I posted this.
    Last edited by Thunderwind; June 16th, 2015 at 02:34 PM.
    Steven Henry

Heh Wernt we all
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit View Post