Women in tech - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Women in tech

Banned

Don't get me wrong Kymera, I have worked with many different people. It is the person themselves that should be looked at closest. But to say that all women tie up loose ends, while all men are just slobs(with the exception of the French maybe) is just wrong. Almost all that I have done since coming to this job is tie up loose ends. Virus's that weren't completly irradicated, about 15 pc's just left broken, cleaned up the network, multiple problems everywhere. Both guys and girls can suck, the hardest part to deal with is how we each percieve things. All in all though, I am glad that I do have a female counterpart. We see things differently, but that allows us to tackle different problems in different ways allowing for a more complete solution. I just don't like dealing with the moodiness and having to watch where I tread, that is all.

Funny you say that about women. I noticed that its not women techs. 70% of techs are ANAL. I notice this all around and esp. shines when you are in a room full of them for long periods of a time.
    Personal experience of that when training to get some certs. Class full of fu**'n no it all a**holes. Made alot of the people esp. those thinking of changing careers (God bless the older people venturing out) scared to even ask a question. Me, i could give a s**t if I answered wrong or whatever they just got a middle finger in the middle of class. I already went to school and had a job.

BTW-The females in classes I was in were the least anal while the geek egg head know it alls would go out of there way to impress the females with their tech knowledge. "Yeah buddy that'll get you down her pants, it adds to the 3 inch thickness of your glasses, HA Go the F home and watch Star Trek. (no offense to Trekkies)

For example, If i type FPT by mistake and mean FTP you know what the f**k i meant, just drop it. That is just a small sample, could go on and on and on and on.

My theory is these people (and not all techs are like this) are socially inadequate they only feel equal hiding behind a computer.
    "Good music makes you want to dance and kiss your girlfriend. Great music makes you want to riot and kill...."- Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine

I knew I should have waited before I submitted that, it's completely re-worded now. The problem with corporate men is that they feel like they have some sort of right to things. Like you Thunderwind. Trying to kick people's asses because your work isn't up to their standards is the cry of someone who has been spoon-fed for most of their life. Why don't you try actually applying yourself to your job and doing it better instead of blaming your boss for your lack of competence.
    end of line.

[quote]Originally posted by Kymera:
    <strong>As a woman in charge allow me to tell you a couple of things. Hiring guys sucks. Each one of you thinks that you know the only/best way to do something. You keep your egos in your pants, you're messy, unorganized and your work is sloppy. I'm surprised most of you even remember to shower once a day (once a week if your European). I consider myself pretty laid back, but working with men is something I wish could do less. If I could find more women with the talents I need I wouldn't have hired 1/2 my male work force. Women tend to be more complete with their work, they tie up loose ends and are better at customer relations which is what IT is all about.
    We basically have to work harder for the same respect. My female coworkers understand that I expect from them what I expect from myself. Heaven help me if I have to come down on a male coworker. I'm suddenly a "bitch" or "on the rag". You try dealing with that on a daily basis. Men can just fart around and get promotions thanks to the ole boys club, but dammit I have to bust my *** everyday and I still don't get invited out for dinner with the boss. Thunderwind, don't take this personally, but screw you.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Can I go work for you?
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Talking

And furthermore Kymera!! You stated: "As a woman in charge" You are repeating yourself!!!

Hehehe, every women is in charge, or least thinks she is!

Steven Henry

[quote]Originally posted by cleetus:
    <strong>Don't get me wrong Kymera, I have worked with many different people. It is the person themselves that should be looked at closest. But to say that all women tie up loose ends, while all men are just slobs(with the exception of the French maybe) is just wrong. Almost all that I have done since coming to this job is tie up loose ends. Virus's that weren't completly irradicated, about 15 pc's just left broken, cleaned up the network, multiple problems everywhere. Both guys and girls can suck, the hardest part to deal with is how we each percieve things. All in all though, I am glad that I do have a female counterpart. We see things differently, but that allows us to tackle different problems in different ways allowing for a more complete solution. I just don't like dealing with the moodiness and having to watch where I tread, that is all.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, I was making a mass generalization. I do have several men on my team who are my right hand. If they say something, I take it as gospel. It was wrong of me to say that. I was just so pissed reading the message that I really didn't stop to qualify my remarks. There are many people on this board who are great individuals and who have helped me. Maybe instead of saying men, I should have just said Thunderwind.
    end of line.

[quote]Originally posted by Thunderwind (Steven Henry):
    <strong>And furthermore Kymera!! You stated: "As a woman in charge" You are repeating yourself!!!

Hehehe, every women is in charge, or least thinks she is!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Spoken like a true moron.
    end of line.

[quote]Originally posted by Draggar:
    <strong>

Can I go work for you?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Umm, so you can be my boss in 2 months. I think I'll pass thanks.
    end of line.

<strong>

Umm, so you can be my boss in 2 months. I think I'll pass thanks. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I hope this doesnt come off too poorly, but where exactly the flying fsck, did you get your attitude from?

Its women, and men, that think the way you appear to, that are making this industry bloody awful to work in.

Take the 'tude, and cram it with walnuts.

Cheerio.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

<strong>

Spoken like a true moron. </strong><hr></blockquote>

And another thing, you are taking this way to personal. I have not directly insulted you, so why do you to me? It is very insulting!

Also, I have not been spoon fed anything, put myself through college, grew up in a poor neiborhood, am not corperate (work for one, but am not corperate type), ect.

So dont berate me.
    Steven Henry

[quote]Originally posted by EvilCabbage:
    <strong>

I hope this doesnt come off too poorly, but where exactly the flying fsck, did you get your attitude from?

Its women, and men, that think the way you appear to, that are making this industry bloody awful to work in.

Take the 'tude, and cram it with walnuts.

Cheerio.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, I guess you're a little hostile today. I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye on this issue, but we can still be friends.
    end of line.

<strong>******Warning Rant Session**************

(Beging Rant}

One of my top 50 leasons that I have learned is the following:

What ever you do, never hire a women in your IT department! They are so damn moody and you cant kick there asses if they step out of line!!!!

They whine, they are way too damn detailed with every thing (I mean EVERYTHING).

Word of warning

I dont mean to sound sexist (LIE), but damn. Shut the F*** up already!!!

(End Rant)

Sorry to offend any ladies out there, I am sure you are not like the person that I have described. You cant be if you read windrivers!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>
    Bull,

I'm sorry but this is just a horible thing to say, First I have women in my IT Team and I have never had any type of problems with them. If anything I have had more problems with the guys than the women. Being in a IT dept means working with in a team and dealing with personality's. Every person I have worked with all have the same minor god complex and are very intteligent people. Intelligent people tend to be quirky and have fun personality's but lumping a group togeather like that is just wrong and a sign of weakness. I'm sorry but that is the most distrurbing thing I have heard in a while. I know for a fact that there are a lot of female techs on these boards who would rip you apart for such a childish opinion. And personaly I would stand by them, think a little before you type.
    Almighty Elbatcho Della Vente, Scurge von AOL, Tyrant von NT, Huhn des Schulegeländes, großartiger hinterer Viceroy Admiral der oberen nordöstlichen südlichen Zustand Widder K-Auto Kategorie des bedwetting Auslesesuperschutzes der Eastwestern Grafschaften, des Spam deathlord des Spam'o'knights, des Spacemonkey und des stolzen Inhabers von 250 mindestens meine kleinen Ponies

<strong>

Okay, I guess you're a little hostile today. I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye on this issue, but we can still be friends.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Im not sure this is so much 'seeing eye to eye', as you just being plain wrong.

While everyone else seems happy to admit that both sexes can be bloody awful to work with, you just seem adament that men are to be avoided at all cost, and honestly, if i had the misfortune of working with, or under, someone with your outlook, you wouldnt last long at all.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

<strong>

And another thing, you are taking this way to personal. I have not directly insulted you, so why do you to me? It is very insulting!

Also, I have not been spoon fed anything, put myself through college, grew up in a poor neiborhood, am not corperate (work for one, but am not corperate type), ect.

So dont berate me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I put a smilie after it. *sheesh*
    end of line.

LMAO...This is so true!

I guess it would be okay if she was deaf and had a nice rack.