Nice Things From Other WinDrivers Members
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nice Things From Other WinDrivers Members

Post Nice Things From Other WinDrivers Members

Take the time to list the good things people in these forums have done for you personally.

Answering a tech question does not count

Among other good deeds, I've been offered a Celeron 700 by <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00025835" target="_blank">Garak</a>.

What's your story?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

How could I possibly list them all?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I worship the goddess Lycia, thus giving her more power to convert other WinDrivers members.

Seriously, I think answering some posts for people that you see have <10 posts in the help sections is a big help to a lot of people.

I've been there, posting the question, and getting an answer quickly that tech support was unable to give you, can be worth a milion dollars.

Oh, yeah, Taz did give me the link to a site where I can put killer-smileys in my posts! (Can't do it at work -PCs too slow, but I can do it at home!)
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

some memebers have offered to give me 1000 of there post so I can get into the steam room, they know who they are and thank you but I think I can earn the 500 and I am trying to help, but thanks guys.
    Almighty Elbatcho Della Vente, Scurge von AOL, Tyrant von NT, Huhn des Schulegeländes, großartiger hinterer Viceroy Admiral der oberen nordöstlichen südlichen Zustand Widder K-Auto Kategorie des bedwetting Auslesesuperschutzes der Eastwestern Grafschaften, des Spam deathlord des Spam'o'knights, des Spacemonkey und des stolzen Inhabers von 250 mindestens meine kleinen Ponies

Darren has given me some great software in the past. Too bad he's not posting anymore.
    Hello World

This wasn't a member of the Forum, but about 4 years ago when I started out playing Rogue Spear online, I was noticed by SOF clan and recruited, despite being 1 of a handfull of females..Anyhoo, the Clan leader worked at some company that makes routers and apparently they were getting rid of old comps and buying brand new PIIIs. So, fo free, he gave me an Intell Nightshade Server board, with dual PII350s, 256 megs PC100, a black faced CDrom, and a 6.4 gig drive. WE also did a three way trade, I traded an ATI rage Fury to another person, who in turn sent Sal, the first guy, a harddrive, and Sal in turn sent me a 128 meg dimm..

Since I've taken apart my main machine and am waiting to get the motherboard, I am using the intell machine..So I am gfratefull!!

Oh as for some one doing something nice here, well, Renee showing me her Pussy and part of her rack, well that was pretty damn nice.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

[quote]Originally posted by Lycia:
    <strong>

Oh as for some one doing something nice here, well, Renee showing me her Pussy and part of her rack, well that was pretty damn nice.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What kind of cat does she have?
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Well, lets see...Adept's always been pretty cool to me, and so has Sowulo!...I've never had the honor of being [edited by Sowulo] so I'm sure he's got nothing against me.....that I know of....

i got a few dozen souls from, well, a few dozen people.
    EDITED BY SOWULO

Tattoo addict

[quote]Originally posted by adept:
    <strong>Take the time to list the good things people in these forums have done for you personally.

Answering a tech question does not count

Among other good deeds, I've been offered a Celeron 700 by <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00025835" target="_blank">Garak</a>.

What's your story?</strong><hr></blockquote>
    I wish I could have even one!
    but nobody likes me here.
    I just keep typing away.

[quote]Originally posted by Draggar:
    <strong>

What kind of cat does she have?
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

Dunno, very pretty though, kinda grey/green stripes...
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Thumbs up

I think the nicest thing was all the posts of encouragement you all gave me in my Heads Up post.
    Thanks again, you have no idea how much it helped.

Adept has been a help in the past for fixing up old avatars.

Sheriff Q (A.K.A SUBZERO) has helped me out with things on my site directly and indirectly.

JVAguy has always been agood help with other issues also.

And Shamus has helped me open my eye's once or twice with certain issues.
    Just to name a few.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

im still fairly new here so not much except for a bunch of laughs. thanks everyone
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan

Talking

[quote]Originally posted by snooper2:
    <strong>im still fairly new here so not much except for a bunch of laughs. thanks everyone </strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, you've got my gratitude for that thermos mug you sent out. Although my wife was just fuming to find out what kind of loony American was out there encouraging my coffee mug collecting - which she despises

I guess it is very much acceptable to list answere or replies received here then, as I've also had some great (non-technical) advice here!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams