DW back???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DW back????

A special thanks to Who Me, for taking the time to PM me.

I've just mailed Darren.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Thumbs down

Not I, said the little blue spaceman...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Cool

By All Means!!!!!!
    If life is a bitch, then what is death? I believe that I will take the bitch...

[quote]Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff:
    <strong>Not I, said the little blue spaceman... </strong><hr></blockquote>

Why not Steve?
    w00t

Exclamation

If he wants to come back, then he can come back on his own anytime he wants. Nobody is preventing him from doing this other than himself. I agree with Opiate on him being a User...not as a Mod.

I just find it ridiculous that you think that we all have to pool our resources together just to get this guy back. Come on, give me a break!

Just one man's opinion...
    Don
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Well put, Don.

Everyone who follows the rules here is welcome. Obviously, that would include DW. No one is special or above any other--each has something to offer. I'm not interested in popularity polls--reminds me too much of those notes we used to pass around in grade school, "Do you like me?" If someone chooses to leave fine, if someone chooses to come back fine. If someone needs to feel like they're doing us all a favor by being here? No thanks.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Well all I can say about the negativity, is that obviously there still is an amount of jealousy here still. Sorry but from what I (and others I have spoken to) have seen since DW and the rest departed from here is that the forum has basically become slower & slower in regards to the amount of posts made & successful resolutions to problems. Just one man's point of view and thanks for the support of my suggestion, especially to AlienDyne for taking the time out to email DW directly (I have spoken to DW via AIM and he has recieved it & will reply when he gets chance to).

It seems to still be a 'Witch Hunt' for some though against the person who is still synonymous with this site .

Don't get me wrong Sowulo, but wasn't it DW who pushed for you to be made a Moderator (if my sources are correct), and now you turn your back on him?

I have not seem any post in which DW has broken any rules or posted something that has not been the truth (or that he has admitted that he was wrong after posting a answer that was not quite full), so why single DW out as the one that posted all the crap or instigated all the crap a coupe of months ago???
    w00t

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>Everyone who follows the rules here is welcome. Obviously, that would include DW. No one is special or above any other--each has something to offer. I'm not interested in popularity polls--reminds me too much of those notes we used to pass around in grade school, "Do you like me?" If someone chooses to leave fine, if someone chooses to come back fine. If someone needs to feel like they're doing us all a favor by being here? No thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I like you Sowulo, Do you Like Me? LOL
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Exclamation

[quote]Originally posted by JWW:
    <strong>Well all I can say about the negativity, is that obviously there still is an amount of jealousy here still. Sorry but from what I (and others I have spoken to) have seen since DW and the rest departed from here is that the forum has basically become slower & slower in regards to the amount of posts made & successful resolutions to problems. Just one man's point of view...
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

"Jealousy?!?" You're dead wrong...I don't even know the guy. How can I be jealous?

"Forum has become slower?" That is possible...I know that I still get frustrated with that.

"Successful resolutions" --more and more people are getting their problems resolved every day. More and more people are registering every day. It might be hard to believe, but DW didn't have anything to do with it.

BTW, Scott (Mr. WinDrivers) is the one name that is synonymous with "WinDrivers"...not someone who is not even around anymore.

As for Sowulo becoming a Mod, a lot of people had inputs on that...not just DW.

Don
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Now that we know that Darren has probably read this link
    I what to be the first to say
    WELCOME BACK DW!!!!!
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Smile

I won't even pretend to know what exactly transpired to cause DW to leave in the first place. I don't think it matters.

From my standpoint, his posts were informative and useful almost every single time on technical issues.

Maybe his decision to leave should be respected though. I'm not saying his presence wouldn't be beneficial - on the contrary.

But unless this thread was started with Darren's approval (implied or stated), I don't see requesting for him to return to be respectful of his decision. Is this the case? Does he know this thread exists?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I have just asked DW on AIM if he knows this thread exisits, and he does as AlienDyne sent him the link in his email earlier & I also put it to him last night as well just after I posted. He has no problems with this thread, and looks forward to seeing what the outcome is on the matter.

He says 'Thank You to the people who have expressed support', and I won't repeat what he said to those who are knocking him, which funnily enough are a couple of the Moderators.

BTW Don, I asked DW regarding the 'Moderator' situation and it was indeed himself who pushed Sowulo to become a Mod by bringing it up in the Mod Room as a topic if you would like to check this out. if you want to contact DW directly regarding this his email address is not that hard to find as he has also told me that it was in his parting post that SherrifQ posted in the Mod room on his behalf. The vote was then cast (as started by DW) to which a unaminous verdict was decided and upon speaking to other ex-mods this was to become the downfall of the peaceful situation that was here previously). Sorry but I have been told this by other ex-mods who used to be on here who have since departed also.
    w00t

[quote]Originally posted by Ad3pT:
    <strong>I won't even pretend to know what exactly transpired to cause DW to leave in the first place. I don't think it matters.

From my standpoint, his posts were informative and useful almost every single time on technical issues.

Maybe his decision to leave should be respected though. I'm not saying his presence wouldn't be beneficial - on the contrary.

But unless this thread was started with Darren's approval (implied or stated), I don't see requesting for him to return to be respectful of his decision. Is this the case? Does he know this thread exists?</strong><hr></blockquote>

AGreed,

and I'm sure he knows this topic is here Aliendyne has emailed him about coming back or something of the sort and I'm sure Darren has scrolled through the forums to see this topic. Wouldn't You.
    Anyone can talk to him anytime on the DSB Forums.

[quote]Originally posted by JWW:
    <strong>Well all I can say about the negativity, is that obviously there still is an amount of jealousy here still. Sorry but from what I (and others I have spoken to) have seen since DW and the rest departed from here is that the forum has basically become slower & slower in regards to the amount of posts made & successful resolutions to problems. Just one man's point of view and thanks for the support of my suggestion, especially to AlienDyne for taking the time out to email DW directly (I have spoken to DW via AIM and he has recieved it & will reply when he gets chance to).

It seems to still be a 'Witch Hunt' for some though against the person who is still synonymous with this site .

Don't get me wrong Sowulo, but wasn't it DW who pushed for you to be made a Moderator (if my sources are correct), and now you turn your back on him?

I have not seem any post in which DW has broken any rules or posted something that has not been the truth (or that he has admitted that he was wrong after posting a answer that was not quite full), so why single DW out as the one that posted all the crap or instigated all the crap a coupe of months ago???</strong><hr></blockquote>

I never said one thing bad about DW--where are you reading that? I said, "Everyone who follows the rules here is welcome. Obviously, that would include DW." The "obviously" was in reference to the fact that DW never broke any rules that I'm aware of." I have no grudge against DW. He knows what I tried to do to help out when he was in desparate times last winter. He left for his own reasons and he is always welcome here if he wants to come back. Lots of people who were here and posted very valuable help have come and gone since I first started coming here. If any return that I recognize, I welcome them but I wouldn't think of begging someone to come back who chose to leave for whatever reason. I have not turned my back on DW. Why would I do that? However like all here who I consider my friends, I would treat him special either. As per your final comment. I have never, nor have I seen anyone else ever blame DW for posting or insighting the posting of any of "the crap" to which you refer.

I would suggest you get over it and let it go. DW's a big boy who can make his own decisions for any reasons he wants. He doesn't need any of us to tell him what to do.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."